• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Countdown timer doesn't show the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a 20 second timer for choosing difficulty, it works fine. As soon as the difficulty is chosen then players can select hero. So I destroy the first timer window and make a new timer which also starts from 20 seconds. The new timer window shows up with the corect title but no timer appears. I have waited the 20 seconds and the next trigger doesn't fire.

• Difficulty Chosen
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWindow[1]
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffcc00Each play...
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer_Proper[2] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 20.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer_Proper[2] with title Pick Hero
      • Set TimerWindow[2] = (Last created timer window)
      • Countdown Timer - Show TimerWindow[2]

• Choose Hero Timer expires
    • Events
      • Time - Timer_Proper[2] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: test
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWindow[2]

Level 7
Waternight no I didn't. I set the size to 2 and this fixed the problem.

I didn't do that initially because I thought that size was simply to set the initial value of 0-x indices of that array and that further indices should still be just as accessable but the don't have an initial value. This is obviously incorect but do you have anything to say to set me straight?
+rep btw, thanks.

Level 26
I didn't do that initially because I thought that size was simply to set the initial value of 0-x indices of that array and that further indices should still be just as accessable but the don't have an initial value. This is obviously incorect but do you have anything to say to set me straight?

This is the case. The variable is accessable on other indizes but you need a timer object in order to start it and the default initial value for timer variables in GUI is a new timer. GUI does not offer you the CreateTimer option elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.