• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yet another introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I'm puggsoy. I'm a pretty moderate Warcraft fan, I grew up playing Warcraft 2 and although I do lots of other stuff I play Warcraft 3 every now and again. The furthest I actually got in Warcraft 3 is the "kill 100 infected people" mission in the Human campaign, so I'm not very well educated in Warcraft lore. However I do play skirmishes fairly often. I'm pretty lousy against the PC since I rarely use hotkeys, but I'm not such a fanatic anyway. I'm not bad in skirmishes against actual people though (I think). Not that I've played many of them, I don't use Battle.net so I've only played multiplayer via LAN.

Despite all this I'm pretty good with Warcraft 3 map making, I haven't actually published many (only one melee map) but I assure you I'm quite good with most things including triggers, custom units, and such. I haven't done much custom scripting, but I recently used a tiny bit of JASS and it doesn't look too hardout. I'm pretty good with ActionScript 3 (for Flash apps) and I learned a bit of C++ a while back, so I can get my head around most programming languages pretty easily.

Anyway, the main reason I came here is because currently I'm making a Warcraft 3 map called Warcraft 2 Reborn (that's the project name anyway). Basically it's supposed to emulate Warcraft 2 with the Warcraft 3, like the units, buildings, and so forth. While looking for solutions to some problems I came upon I found multiple answers here at The Hive, so I decided that this would be a prime place for many things such as beta testers, suggestions, and so forth. I will later post a thread about my map in the Map Development Forum, as I would like to ask a few things.

Well, that's the long description of me. Hope it wasn't too long, I tend to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.