• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Yaw, Pitch, Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there a way in jass or vJass. that I can take a model and use code to change its yaw, pitch and roll.

Yaw is easy, look in direction x. Pitch Is what I really need. Roll would be nice but not needed. I have heard it can be done but haven't understood how to do it. I would prefer to see it done in example code. Any Idea?

Level 12
So Without editing a model to do that, you cant. It would require any model I wanted to set the pitch to be edited and imported in the game correct?

There isn't any other way? Because that means If I wanted to do roll also it would be (24 * 24) By rotating every 15 degrees. And it would require to do that to every model I wanted to have that capability.

Thanks for the help though, Ill check out that thread.

Edit* I also Dont understand how to do that to a model has a I have very little modeling experience, can you point me to something that will show me how to do that to a model?

Level 12
I Found some more info.

Theres 2 ways to do this and both of them require a dummy model.

You either use a dummy model with animations for each pitch angle and SetUnitAnimationByIndex to set that z facing, or you use dummy which has its main bone named "head" and then rotate it with SetUnitLookAt

I just dont know how to create a animations for a model. I also Dotn know how to set the main bone as "head".

Is there anywhere that can show me how to do this? Prehaps I should be asking this in the model section, as its more related to how to work with models at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.