• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Xp over Vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I got a problem.I'm a bit advanced in controling my pc so you can give any type of answer.

I have vista home basic.When i try to install windows xp proffesional with my computer it gives an error saying:That i cant install an earlier version of Windows.

So i tried to boot cd-rom(Don't talk about bios features,i fixed that my cd-rom is the first to be booted,and then the hardware)and it doesnt works,it boots it a time,them my computer starts normally:cry:(Compatibilty mode is working by its way but read the my second paragraph).

Waiting for answers,
Thanks,
RuleMe

EDIt:pm me for more details.(I can't find my boot.ini in system32,just bootmgr.exe.mui)
Edit:Hello any help???

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try sticking in a new hard disk as the master and removing the current one. You can then install to it like you would if it was a brand new machine.

I also might advise upgrading to W7 instead of downgrading to XP as W7 seems to be a version of vista with the problems fixed.

Also try googling the problem, I am sure hundreds of people have had this same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.