• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Xengoke Realm of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So i have been working on a Risk/Strategy map with the name of Xengoke realm of Chaos it's about a lore i originally wanted to use for a campaign but it was rather time consuming so i tried to make a Strategy version of the lore

the map is still under development and barely even started so it will take time.

The following images are for the the developed/still under development factions/races
Screenshot_54.png
Screenshot_53.png
Screenshot_47.png
Screenshot_46.png
The development is going rather slow because of IRL issues but i am trying my best to finish it as soon as possible

The factions/Races that are included in the map are :

Humans as: Imperial Invara, Bandits of the Orange Hills , Royal House of Jhan

Vampires as : House of Van Kolmn, House of Drakania

Orcs as : United Tribes of Gaddar

Half humans as : The Dragon born

there will be other races that are unplayable/netural hostile but they will be added later on

i would like some feedback for the project and some faction ideas and concept credits will be given!

Level 15
I'm loving these screenshots and I'm very interested in the factions you have listed so far! Though its easy to win me over with mention of a 'Vampiric Race' ha ha ha. Would there be any chance for a screenshot or rundown of the Vampire houses? Are these houses to be different controllable factions or are they just representative of the lore itself?

Either way I am watching this with great interest, and I am looking forward to any new updates you may roll out for this map!

Level 8
I'm loving these screenshots and I'm very interested in the factions you have listed so far! Though its easy to win me over with mention of a 'Vampiric Race' ha ha ha. Would there be any chance for a screenshot or rundown of the Vampire houses? Are these houses to be different controllable factions or are they just representative of the lore itself?

Either way I am watching this with great interest, and I am looking forward to any new updates you may roll out for this map!
thank you!

although the vampires aren't a main race they are really important to the lore and you could say that they are the Bad Guys i will update the post soon so don't worry and i will share some bit of the lore if i find any free time but until then i have a lot to do but i feel like my activity will increase in summer allowing me to work on it even more but to be honest haven't had much progress in the actual gameplay.

Level 8
Thanks to our friend Quinten we managed to make a nice looking terrain for the northern lands but unfortunately due to some circumstances the work was halted so again is it's up to me to finish the terrain but for now these are the completed sites for the northern section of the map for the (Dragon Born).
Screenshot_138.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_139.png
    Screenshot_139.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_140.png
    Screenshot_140.png
    2 MB · Views: 22
Level 15
well my weird pc died and no backup maps sooo.....

i guess i have to re do the whole thing again and it's summer so i guess it will be faster for me and besides the map could have used a lot of changes
Incredibly sad to hear that, at least there is some solace in starting a project from scratch as you can never really lose what you have learned. Regardless of this hurdle I am still watching your project with interest, and I am excited to see what new ideas are brought in to the fray from a fresh slate of development!

Level 8
Incredibly sad to hear that, at least there is some solace in starting a project from scratch as you can never really lose what you have learned. Regardless of this hurdle I am still watching your project with interest, and I am excited to see what new ideas are brought in to the fray from a fresh slate of development!
thank you the development of the factions are going well and new factions and races are going to be added and some new concept that will come soon eventually but i'm seriously sad for all of my work is just gone so i have to start from scratch alas i find it a better way of improvement before the initial release.

5 factions are added to the empire
1 - house Renial (basically nelfs but humans) masters of druids and shamans
2 - house Silvon masters of infantry and foot soldiers
3 - house Skivon masters of the 12 seas with large variety of ships
4 - church of the first eagle masters of air units and defense
5 - crimsons of Eustra masters of magical units with variety of mages and mystical units

for the time being these will be added as EVENTS so in order to get these factions you must choose a path to either select one or all and more new content will come eventually by the development

Status
Not open for further replies.