• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] XECOLLIDER how to make it stop on debris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi

Since I don't have a wc3campaigns account, and making one is very hectic, I'll just ask here...

So I'm wondering how to make a onDebrisHit for the xecollider missile in xe system. I mean to be honest, I'm making an arrow spell that shoots at an angle, having it passes through cliffs and woods is unrealistic. I want it to terminate on impact over debris.

How to make this?

Level 22
I think Vexorian made a function called "IsPointPathable" or something. You can use that to check if the arrow is over unpathable terrain and then destroy it if it is. I don't know if you can find it here, but I'm pretty sure you can find it here: Wc3 Jass

Level 12
I think Vexorian made a function called "IsPointPathable" or something. You can use that to check if the arrow is over unpathable terrain and then destroy it if it is. I don't know if you can find it here, but I'm pretty sure you can find it here: Wc3 Jass

Lol wow! no offense but I think everyone knows where and what IsPointPathable is... And if so you know that, you still have to figure out how to get the dummy unit in the xecollider instance! This is what I'm asking...

I figured out already how to do it.

xecollider delegates xefx, so it inherits the methods in xefx. Just extend the loopControl function in your missile struct, and have implement the operator x/y method in xefx to figure out the dummy's position.

JASS:
method loopControl takes nothing returns nothing

if (CheckPathability(this.x,this.y) == false) then
                call this.terminate()
            endif
        endmethod

Status
Not open for further replies.