• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

X-OMG-X's Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-OMG-X's Request Thread

Im currently working on my entry for the solo mapping contest and i need a few models/skins for the terraining. The needed things is marked with stars and there will be a description of the needed things too. I give the recources 1-5 filled boxes equalt to how important they are for the development of my map. The filesize may not be too huge, but still not so small that it destroys the quality of the recource. Models may use both custom textures and ingame textures, thought i prefer ingame textures. Everything have to be in a high quality. Maybe you know a resource that could be useful instead of one of the mentoded resources, thats okay too. If you have any questions about the requests, then just post a comment in the thread. New models/skins may be added later on.
There will ofcause also be given reputation to everybody trying to help me out. Now, i dont have anything else to say than, good luck working!

Models

Outland Archway ■■■■□ -DONE-
What i need is a archway that is using the barrensrock ingame texture like the rocks on the attached screenshot.

Outland Stalamite ■■■■□ -DONE-
This model is very similar to the archway and the rocks on the attached screenshot. Its basically just a stalamite using the barrensrock texture.

Sand Worm ■■■■□ -DONE-
This model may remind pretty much about the dune worm. Its also a bit similar to the dune worm. This worm is just bigger and alot more dangerous. Its' teeths is long and sharp, its body is armored with spiky, hard scales and its' eyes does have a clean red glow. The worm should look a little like the picture below, but more dangerous and duneworm/snake-like. The animations is basically a snake with some edits. It does need a zigzag walk animation, a cool attack animation where it bites his enemy and it actually dont need a spell animation. The death animation will be the hardest one. When the worm dies it will jump into the air and then with the head in front, dig down into a hole in the ground.

Outland Plants ■■■■□
Well. Its not a really hard model. Just a highres outland shrub, wich is moving from side to side in the cold air. Theres not much wind down there in the outland cave, but it will have to move a little bit to make it more realistic.

Desert Creature ■■□□□
This is going to be my boss creature in the map. It will have to be a heavy outland/desert creature, it will have to be very dangerous and it may not have any teamcolor. It should be very detailed and have a good quality, as it will be huge and also will be the final boss. Everything else is fully up to you. Make it walk on two legs, make it walk on four legs. Its up to you.

Stone Library ■□□□□
Its not a very hard model to do. Its basically just a library shelf with a few stones/runes. You may use the "Ruins Library Shelf" as a reference. Its attached to this post. Custom textures is okay and ingame aswell. Will have to be in a nice and clean quality.

Torch ■■■■■
This is a simple edit of the original torch model. What i need is, that it will need to have a orange glow around it to light up the dungeon. The orange glow will have to be animated, so it will look better and lighten up more like real fire. Its' light range should be bigger than the original torch.

Wall Torch ■■■□□ -DONE-
It wil basically have to look like the walltorch in the attached screenshot. Will just have to be built of old wood instead of sunken ruins' bricks. It will need the same orange glow as the torch above and the orange glow will have to be animated, so it will look better and lighten up more like real fire. The light range will also have to be equalt to the torch above. Bigger light range than the original wc3 torch.

Skins

No skins is needed yet.

Reference Pictures

WiP4.pngRefpicWorm.pngRefpicBoss.pngRefpicLibrary.pngRefpicTorch.png

Last edited:
Level 9
The link I provided is the same model as tortured soul's..but if ever I found something else I'll let you know.:)

Level 8
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'll answer each reply.

@pangahas, the link doesnt work for me :/ Will see if i can get it in a different way.
@Tortured Souls, allready found that one but it isnt what i need. Wrong animations and the head and teamcolor is also not what im searching.
@Amigurumi, Thanks alot. Will take a look at it ;)

if i get premission from sepiroth i can remove TC from him.But it all depens on you.

here are the stalagmites (using same texture and 4 different variations):

Thanks alot again. Cant give reputation now, but will do when i can ;)

@Tortured Souls: Removing TC is not the only thing that needs to be changed. The head should be more dune worm-like and the animations is also not what i need. But thats for your kindness ;)

[EDIT]

Added two models to the requesting zone.

[EDIT]

@Amigurumi: The files is mdl. Not mdx. So i cant use them as it is now. Would you be so kind to turn them into a mdx file?

Last edited:
Level 10
I could add a couple of animations to the Dune Worm itself, allowing it to bite enemies and perhaps burrow, but I don't know about razor-sharp teeth and a thick hide... that sounds more like a texture, which I cannot do very well. The portrait (as you probably know), however, has several rows of sharp teeth, so as long as it isn't scaled very big people wouldn't know the diffrence.

I could add a couple of animations to the Dune Worm itself, allowing it to bite enemies and perhaps burrow, but I don't know about razor-sharp teeth and a thick hide... that sounds more like a texture, which I cannot do very well. The portrait (as you probably know), however, has several rows of sharp teeth, so as long as it isn't scaled very big people wouldn't know the diffrence.

It is scaled very big :p But im probably just using the other worm there have been linked. Its not exact what i need but might replace it well. But thanks for the offer anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.