• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DayNightModels / Glowing Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

Indeed this involves 4 requests, but most of the same type.

1) I need a DayNightModel for the afternoon, a bit orange, like 'Fall' season.
2) I need a DayNightModel a bie blue/purple for the night (like a Moonlight).
3) I need you to explain me how to set the default DayNightModel of Warcraft (for the day, offcourse) after having changed it for another one.

(What I want is to set the default Daynightmodel for 6am-2:59pm in the game, The "orange-Fall" model for 3pm-7:59pm, and the dark/blue/purple model for 8pm - 5:59am)

4) I need a "Torch Glow" (Just the glow, not the torch) with about 500 radius of light (Omnilight). (For use in the night)

Level 6
Hi,
1) I can
2) I can
3)
JASS:
call SetDayNightModels ("Environment/DNC/[Your DNC)","Environment/DNC/[Your DNC)")
First search in War3ModelEditor: (War3.mpq) Environment>DNC. When you are search the DNC that you like depending of the envirnonment. For the concrete time, can be with Trigggers. If you don't know how, search in the Trigger section for help. The first "" are the Day model, the second "" are the Night model.
4) I can but... the "no-torch" must have the fire?

EDIT: s of Models ;-)
EDIT 2: Omnilight finsihed.
EDIT 3: The first "" are..., War3.mpq
EDIT 4: Dark Light Finished/Edited Omnilight.
EDIT 5: Fall of the day DNC Finished.

Attachments

• DNCDarkPurpleLight.mdx
    756 bytes · Views: 85
  • Omnilight.mdx
    1.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DNCFallOfDay.mdx
    756 bytes · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 20
1) Great!
2) Amazing!
3) WONDERFULL ! (I Didn't know I had to place the whole path) And I know how to do the triggers :)
4) AAAAAAAAAH EXTASIS! No, I'll just add an effecth with a little fire model in the overhead. (EDIT: No fire at all, looks ugly xD)

Thank you very much for your kindness!

EDIT: How long will it take for the DayNightModels? =D I'm excited :D. BTW, the Night one, make it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dark, like 90% of the ("","") model (No model at all :p)

EDIT: OMG that Omnilight is GREAT! But... the omnilight, attached to the chest, just lights one side of the hero xD and isn't so intense... Maybe "too" realistic xD But great though. I think that extracting the light of the 'Torch Glowing' model would be the best.

EDIT: For the items i'm using Keg of Thunderwater (almost invisible at night, wich is what i want since there's no use on having a big bright gold chest in the middle of the darkness) but it's too dark xD is there a way to make a custom model based on it and make it bright A REALLY SMALL little? An almost symbolic value of brightness :D

EDIT: I'm using the trigger as you said: call SetDayNightModels ("Environment/DNC/DNCLordaeron)","Environment/DNC/Lordaeron") but it doesn't change =/

Last edited:
Level 20
DNCLordaeron has 3 Subfolders... Terrain, Target and Unit, wich one i have to set? I just places the folder with the three sub folders xD no .mdx at the end :p And ok, i'll be a Xeno xD

Level 20
I feel dumb... xD None of them work.

This one doesn't change, though the path is correct =/
  • Day Time
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels("Enviroment/DNC/DNCLordaeron/DNCLordaeronTerrain/DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdx","Enviroment/DNC/DNCLordaeron/DNCLordaeronTerrain/DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdx")
EDIT: They work now. I had to restart the Editor ;)

Both models are AMAZING! but the Night one is a bit too purple. Feels like Hello Kitty or something xD Could you make it a bit more "dark-blue" and less "dark-purple" Check the colors of the Starfall, wich is darkblue/darkpurple, or something in between =)

I'll use the Fall at 2pm
The PurpleNight at 8pm
And the BlueNight at 11pm
And the Day model at 6am =D

(Omg i'm so excited, this looks GREAT)

EDIT: Oh! Don't Worry! I managed to modify it with the Model Editor, i didn't know it was so easy! THANKS A LOT! you'll get credits =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.