• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

X Hero Siege 3.33

Objective:
Select your hero, defend the castle and kill all dark forces.

Changes 3.33:
- Added a new item "Scepter of Mastery" with "Banish" to increase spell damage on single targets.
- Added "Storm", "Earth" and "Fire" as alternative models for "Sorceress", "Tauren Chieftain" and "Blood Mage" (selection: one-click 1 of the 3 heroes then press the down-arrow on keyboard).
- Fixed bug: Level 20 Ability is not added to "Druid of the Clow" in "Bear Form".

Changes 3.32:
- Added the commands -random and -repick for "Dual Hero Mode".
- New hero "Druid of the Claw".
- Own "Wave Kills" and "Wave Kills" of current leadder are displayed in "food counter".
- Significantly improved map loading.
- Added the command "-random 100".
- Retriggerd hero selection system.
- Improved the abilities of some dark heroes.
- Removed "Blink" from "Boots of Speed" because of abuse.
- Removed the pausing of player units that attacks castle.
- Fixed bug: Arthas teleport bug in "Dual Hero Mode".
- Fixed bug: Invulnerable units after "Final Wave" in "Extreme Mode".
- Fixed bug: Player without a hero cannot select a hero after game level 1.
- Fixed bug: Used "Tome of Knowledge" are not removed from game (tiny item model visible on map).
- Fixed bug: Some ability icons displayed twice for "Mountain King" and "Tauren Chieftain".
- Fixed bug: Sometimes heroes of some players are not revived.

Keywords:
hero siege, hero defense, castle defense
Contents

X Hero Siege 3.33 (Map)

Reviews
19:16, 28th Oct 2008 Septimus: This is 1 of my most favourite hero defense map back at the good old day, the only annoying part of this hero defense is only playable by 4 player. Try to play more than 4 player and a great fight between the player...

zpc

Z

zpc

This is the best "cooperative defense map" you will ever play in warcraft III

zpc

Z

zpc

I would like to see updates more often.
New heroes and items are cool.
But I think that a new special event would blow everyones mind.
Sogat for me suffers from Obssesive compulsive disorder but I"m ok with it.
This map is simetry itself and I mean it. If you look the word simetry on the dictionary you may find I weblink to this map.
Love you Sogat as you are.

Level 15
I've found a lot of replay value with this map when playing hardest difficulty on random mode (Extreme 4 or higher). It would be great if you could do random double hero mode, but it usually bugs out. Like you only 1 get hero or you can't random.

It's fun to host games with randoms and see if you can beat Extreme 4. About 75% of the time, we die at Level 2. If we die past Level 2, it's not because our heroes are weak or get killed. Instead, the castle very slowly accumulates damage, and enemy dragons or units will randomly target it, ending the game instantly.

In the past year, I've played several hundred games, and only beat it 2-3 times with randoms. I had the Paladin, which is an amazingly powerful hero due to his tankiness, really good summons, and global heal. The other time, I had the Lich, who is another amazing all around hero.

The biggest criticism is the balance of heroes. Heroes essentially fall into 3 or 4 categories:

1. DPS / Scalable abilities
2. Summoners
3. AoE
4. Tank

There's plenty of mixes, but in general the majority of heroes are useless in the late game, unless they are gifted with a spell that damages based on health percent, e.g. the Lich's level 20 is broken, because it's almost a guaranteed kill (5% of health for 35 seconds, do the math), but otherwise he's useless DPS wise.

On the other hand, heroes with scalable passives do very well, because they improve as you buy more tomes: e.g. critical strike, trueshot aura, command aura.

The stupidest hero is of course the Dryad, who is DPS and AoE all rolled into one, and she has 0 spells, plus Evasion. You literally do nothing with her except sit around and hold position. The map is basically designed around her: the ring gives her the aura she doesn't have (command aura), while everyone else gets command aura but can't get trueshot aura, and she basically gets +450 damage for every tome she buys.

I think a change would be to balance out the scalable abilities / passives, and also make spells scale with stats, like Sunken City RPG.

Other changes might be the ability to repair the Castle / upgrade its health or even build towers.

Some random reviews:

The Lich is a pretty solid hero, as he's useful throughout the entire game. I believe he's the only hero who can do his hero image without buying anything except magic potions (you just spam frost nova). All other heroes usually require Furbolgs or Cloak of Flames. His ultimate is very good, because the frost internals have a ranged attack and evasion. His level 20 is utterly broken, dealing AoE 5% of health to all enemy units for 35 seconds. While he can't heal, he is probably one of the top spell casters.

The Dreadlord is a hero I once thought was pretty weak. He's nobody's first pick but he certainly has an 'impact' (yes, that's a pun, 3 of his abilities involve infernals crashing into the ground :]). He gets two AoE abilities, one of which is a very useful AoE stun. However, his best ability is his lvl 5, which is his percent based regeneration aura. Maxed out, all friendly units regenerate 4% of their maximum HP per second. This basically makes him unkillable. He doesn't need a mask of death. His Infernal is pretty mediocre, especially compared to the Lich's. However, he can easily do both the ring and Lightning sword events, and also max out the second special event with furbolgs. This is because he has 4 stun abilities, which he can chain to seriously disable an enemy hero. I suspect his best role is to be a disruptive tank.

Level 6
I've found a lot of replay value with this map when playing hardest difficulty on random mode (Extreme 4 or higher). It would be great if you could do random double hero mode, but it usually bugs out. Like you only 1 get hero or you can't random.

It's fun to host games with randoms and see if you can beat Extreme 4. About 75% of the time, we die at Level 2. If we die past Level 2, it's not because our heroes are weak or get killed. Instead, the castle very slowly accumulates damage, and enemy dragons or units will randomly target it, ending the game instantly.

In the past year, I've played several hundred games, and only beat it 2-3 times with randoms. I had the Paladin, which is an amazingly powerful hero due to his tankiness, really good summons, and global heal. The other time, I had the Lich, who is another amazing all around hero.

The biggest criticism is the balance of heroes. Heroes essentially fall into 3 or 4 categories:

1. DPS / Scalable abilities
2. Summoners
3. AoE
4. Tank

There's plenty of mixes, but in general the majority of heroes are useless in the late game, unless they are gifted with a spell that damages based on health percent, e.g. the Lich's level 20 is broken, because it's almost a guaranteed kill (5% of health for 35 seconds, do the math), but otherwise he's useless DPS wise.

On the other hand, heroes with scalable passives do very well, because they improve as you buy more tomes: e.g. critical strike, trueshot aura, command aura.

The stupidest hero is of course the Dryad, who is DPS and AoE all rolled into one, and she has 0 spells, plus Evasion. You literally do nothing with her except sit around and hold position. The map is basically designed around her: the ring gives her the aura she doesn't have (command aura), while everyone else gets command aura but can't get trueshot aura, and she basically gets +450 damage for every tome she buys.

I think a change would be to balance out the scalable abilities / passives, and also make spells scale with stats, like Sunken City RPG.

Other changes might be the ability to repair the Castle / upgrade its health or even build towers.

Some random reviews:

The Lich is a pretty solid hero, as he's useful throughout the entire game. I believe he's the only hero who can do his hero image without buying anything except magic potions (you just spam frost nova). All other heroes usually require Furbolgs or Cloak of Flames. His ultimate is very good, because the frost internals have a ranged attack and evasion. His level 20 is utterly broken, dealing AoE 5% of health to all enemy units for 35 seconds. While he can't heal, he is probably one of the top spell casters.

The Dreadlord is a hero I once thought was pretty weak. He's nobody's first pick but he certainly has an 'impact' (yes, that's a pun, 3 of his abilities involve infernals crashing into the ground :]). He gets two AoE abilities, one of which is a very useful AoE stun. However, his best ability is his lvl 5, which is his percent based regeneration aura. Maxed out, all friendly units regenerate 4% of their maximum HP per second. This basically makes him unkillable. He doesn't need a mask of death. His Infernal is pretty mediocre, especially compared to the Lich's. However, he can easily do both the ring and Lightning sword events, and also max out the second special event with furbolgs. This is because he has 4 stun abilities, which he can chain to seriously disable an enemy hero. I suspect his best role is to be a disruptive tank.

Dryad is one of the worst hero in my perspective although she is quite a powerful hero in late game. Her Critical Strike and Multishot don't stack, everytime you level Critical Strike it increases its chance (5%/10%/15%/20% respectively) which in turn make multishot less likely to happen.

About Dreadlord his regeneration aura is more like 400% of the maximum hit points per second to me. My Inferno fully recover from 20% to 100% in less than a second. However, Dreadlord can hardly clear the ring and sword events. The event is only several minutes and he got no DPS (unless we pump him lots of tomes), the bosses are also equipped with healing spell and an vampiric aura. You will need lots of dps to clear the events.

Level 15
Dryad is one of the worst hero in my perspective although she is quite a powerful hero in late game. Her Critical Strike and Multishot don't stack, everytime you level Critical Strike it increases its chance (5%/10%/15%/20% respectively) which in turn make multishot less likely to happen.

About Dreadlord his regeneration aura is more like 400% of the maximum hit points per second to me. My Inferno fully recover from 20% to 100% in less than a second. However, Dreadlord can hardly clear the ring and sword events. The event is only several minutes and he got no DPS (unless we pump him lots of tomes), the bosses are also equipped with healing spell and an vampiric aura. You will need lots of dps to clear the events.

Ah, I didn't know Critical Strike stopped her Multishot. Though in the late game multishot isn't very useful.

As for clearing the events with Dreadlord, I did have a little difficulty clearing the ring, but I had 5x dagger and 1x claw, and just barraged my spells.

Once I had the ring, clearing the sword was much easier, because Barristan (the captain who drops the sword) doesn't improve from the ring event.

You probably need to max out at the 2nd Special event to stand a chance. I just get furbolgs / inferno and spam my spells.

Level 6
Ah, I didn't know Critical Strike stopped her Multishot. Though in the late game multishot isn't very useful.

As for clearing the events with Dreadlord, I did have a little difficulty clearing the ring, but I had 5x dagger and 1x claw, and just barraged my spells.

Once I had the ring, clearing the sword was much easier, because Barristan (the captain who drops the sword) doesn't improve from the ring event.

You probably need to max out at the 2nd Special event to stand a chance. I just get furbolgs / inferno and spam my spells.

If you solo extreme difficulty, multishot is quite useful to get through Final wave.

About the event, if i remember corretly, 5 daggers equal 1250 x 5 = 6250 dam and a claw = 500. Although the regen aura is 400% per second, it will have 0.5-1 second delay when you are full health, if your armor and hit points are not enough to withstand a 5 hits/second (3500 dam each attack) boss, you will not survive. The healing spell is about 20k and did he have divine shield? Because that will be a problem.

Anyway, i did mod the map and currently only play it offline. I hope i have Soggat permission to release the mod version. Really need testers.

Level 1
Most broken hero is Paladin, he can carry everything except single-target boss kill. Paladin+Lich most broken combo.

Attachments

• xhsextreme8.jpg
    xhsextreme8.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 404
  • xhsextreme16.png
    xhsextreme16.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 435
Level 12
So unfortunate that Sogat has retired from W3 map modding, and cannot be reached..
I like v3.33 as the latest stable. 3.45 is buggy and 4.80 includes cheats & a totally unbalanced hero (Myrmidon).

If you want to try, I'm currently editing my own version, made from X Hero Siege 3.33 here :grin:
Don't hesitate to try it, and leave feedbacks and suggestions !

Level 2
Great classic, but my issue has always been the very same-y heroes. Wish there was more variety in their skills. Also the fact only 1 person can do the Quest bosses is really sad. Would've been nice if others can do them. Maybe not getting the strongest item, but a lower rank version of it, because the shop items, apart from the assassins blade and mandatory life steal, are kind of useless

Level 2
If you view all maps on Hive and sort by downloads / views, this map is missing from the listing.