• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] +X Damage for a duration ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Well, if you want a flat Damage Increase, you could always use Item Damage Bonus ability, the only downside is you have to trigger the duration, for the spell ends.
Compared to Roar, it has its own buff which you do not have to tamper with triggers at all, the downside is, it gives % DMG increase instead of flat.

In the end, I used command Aura, and changed my item to give +% damage instead of +n. It actually works nicer this way and is more balanced and useful. Also, silly me, I forgot to mention that I wanted something with a buff (so that you could see the item is active) and as far as I know, item damage bonus ability has no buff. Now that I've changed the idea of the item, does someone know a non-aura ability that passively increases +% dmg? Anyone who has ever tempered with auras will know that they take some time to take effect when you first add them and also take some time to lose their effect, after you've disabled them.

Level 37
Anyone who has ever tempered with auras will know that they take some time to take effect when you first add them and also take some time to lose their effect, after you've disabled them.

You can remove the effect immediately by removing the aura ability and the buff separately. Buffs are abilities too.

call UnitRemoveAbility(*unit*, *rawCode*)

Defend increases damage by %, but doesn't apply a buff. You could make a dummy unit cast Inner Fire on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.