• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duration [Normal] and Duration [Hero]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I remember hearing this and i just want to confirm before i continue making

Someone said that duration for heroes = duration for heroes and duration for normal = duration for normal PLUS duration for heroes. Was that false or true?

e/ also somehow i managed to get rid of the little bar of buttons between the windows menu "File, Edit New Module Window TESH" and the trigger list / selected trigger. How do i get it back? o.o

2e/ dont feel like posting another topic. How do i retrieve the level of the ability in the tooltip? Blizzard uses %d but i cant seem to get that to do... anything...

Last edited:
Level 19
2) You seem to be misinterpreting my question.

In the tooltip i want it to say [Level (level of ability)] without manually doing it for all 60 levels of the ability.

Level 2

Ahh i know what you mean, However I also havn't been able to get it work with the Raw Code Stuff.

However what you could do is just write about the first tooltip
eg: Reincarnation Level 1

Then right click it and use auto-fill.

But if you want to perhaps make tooltips update themselves such as you set the tooltip to say Increase footmans damage by 10, but then you go and change the damage upgrade stat to increase by 15, the In game tool tip will read Increase footmans damage by 15, You'll need to get Raw Data working. If you do you'll never worry about inaccurate tooltips again xD.

Thats the theory behind it anyway I believe, since I'm unable to get it working, I can't help much with it. Check this out instead http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/raw-data-tutorial-32324/

Status
Not open for further replies.