• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW III - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Ok, so this is an idea I came up with after reading about WWIII and Nuclear Wars at Wikipedia. Basically, you start off after the WW III with a small group of refugees trying to survive in a destroyed world. Devastating use of tactical nuke bombardment as well as strategical nukes have rendered large parts of the world uninhabitable, and blasted mankind back into something I like to call Scrap Age. People are living like stone age people, only with modern materials, such as metal and plastic to make tools of. You'll have to survive the radiation, the mutations, and you have to combat other "Tribes". If you are lucky, you might find a modern weapon or a car or even a tank, but mostly you would be fighting with rocks and metal pipes. How does this sound?

Feel free to use this for your own maps, as I would probably never finish such a project, maybe later. Enjoy :thumbs_up:

Level 8
There are already about a billion games that are about this exact thing. But I don't know if theres one on WC3, its a pretty good idea and I'm sure lots of people have thought of it but never gone through with it. If YOU decide to make the map then I'd be happy to help. I can do unit data and basic triggering. I can also help with historical realism, I can give you a good idea on which areas would be wasteland and who the survivors are. Also I can write up a backround story of the war too.

Level 6
Yeah, its nothing very original, but i'm surprised there is no popular WC3 map based on this idea, someone sure should make it.

I'd be happy to help with terraining in the future then perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.