• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

WoW MPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't check it at the moment, but I'd recommend looking at art.mpq, the wow-update-base mpqs, and model.mpq.

Why do you need it, though? If you have an account on battle.net (even if it is not subscribed) you can download the data for Cata and MoP, and even patch it. Just download all those files and use a newer version of WoW Model Viewer. I don't think it would be worth it to download those MPQ's specifically.

Level 24
Does it not break the rules to discuss this? Since it's under the World Editor Help Zone section of the forum it seems like he's trying to use WoW rips and I thought those were not allowed at the hive, or has the rules changed?

Does it not break the rules to discuss this? Since it's under the World Editor Help Zone section of the forum it seems like he's trying to use WoW rips and I thought those were not allowed at the hive, or has the rules changed?

Rules said:
Game exports: As of September 28, 2011, The Hive Workshop is accepting the exportation and use — in maps or mods — of artistic resources (skins, icons, and models) from games whose copyrights are owned by Activision Blizzard or Blizzard Entertainment.
The Hive does not accept, in the form of submissions, exports or edits of exports, no matter how minimal they are, of artistic resources whose copyrights are not owned by Blizzard. Hyperlinks to such works are also forbidden.

Those are the rules on the matter. It doesn't seem to prohibit discussion of it. You are probably right that it is about exporting and using it in Wc3, though.

Regardless, this belongs in the WoW forum. I forgot to move it, so I'll move it now.

Level 24
No I knew you're allowed to speak of it but in a way you're aiding him in his quest for WoW rips. And thank you Chaosy, I've wanted to change name for quite a while now it's good to finally have it done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.