• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Molten Core v1.02

Overall info:
This is a dungeon (based on the World of Warcraft instance Molten Core) where 5-11 players have to work together to defeat 10 bosses, each boss has it's own set of abilities and strategies. Each boss drops 2-5 items that you'll have to use in a way that will benefit your team most.

I've made about 18 heroes so far, I'll probably make more in later versions. All the bosses seem to be working w/o bugs.

Changes from v1 to v1.01:
Ragnaros now drops items. (He'll always drop 4 items)
2-3 changes in how enchants look on your character.
Sulfuron's/Majordomo's healers have healing priority on them now. (They'll heal the boss instead of themselves when needed)
Shazzrah's silence has an increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds.
Golemagg's Trust now increases his Ragers' attack damage by 125% instead of 75%, but only effects Ragers within 550 range of him.
Sulfuron's Inspire increases damage by 75%(up from 50%) and attack speed by 250%(up from 220%)
Holy Priest/Paladin and Hybrid Shaman no longer cause threat with their attacks.

Changes from v1.01 to v1.02:
Battle Standard no longer drops after death.
Magmadar's Panic (Loss of control spell) can't effect the person tanking him.
"Changing Target" won't pop up at dead units anymore.

Features:
-There's an Enchanter (Press Esc. to select it.)
-Castbar (Remade)
-Threat system (Works similar to World of Warcraft's Threat - Also shows a Text "Changing Target" when the target swaps to a different target and "Agro!" on it's new target.
-Spell power => Bonus damage and healing on spells. (Type -sp to see your Spell Power)

I gathered all the information I needed on icons and boss abilities on wowwiki.

Special thanks to:
Paladon (Awesome GUI knockback system)
Norinrad (Rock Elemental model)
alfredx_sotn (Fire elemental model)
WILLTHEALMIGHTY (Explosion models)
JetFangInferno (Shiva Wings model)
shamanyouranus (Totem models)
Ket (Mana and Health Potion models)
Champara Bros (Judgement of Light, Arcane Explosion models)

I am in fact the creator of this map, I'll be updating it every few days.

Keywords:
molten core WoW world of warcraft
Contents

WoW Molten Core v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
15:30, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Think I've fixed all the bugs there might be... Almost everything works on triggers so I might have missed something. Only thing that's left is to test difficulty with 7+ players, since I can't do that on my own.

Last edited:
Level 1
hey m8
the map looks gr8 but i didnt try it yet i just saw it so
i have 2 questions:
1-bosses have tactics u must follow to defeat him?
2- classes of the heroes are the same in wow?

Level 2
@chlorine22,
Yeah you'll need to figure out what the bosses do and try to counter them, going with the flow might not always work^^

and the heroes are the same as in WoW, warrior that use rage and rogues that use energy/combo points, ect.

@Guishiu
Don't worry if I finish with MC I'll probably move to other raids since I've already done all the base coding I will need for heroes, threat tables ect.^^

Level 15
the map is ok, but if you import WoW icons, use WC3 borders... you can find most the icons alrdy with borders here at hive

Level 2
Fixed a bunch of things with 0.98c that you might have noticed in 98b:
Mana potions now work.
Fixed a ress bug after Magmadar kills you in panic (Fear) and also the raid wipe bugged when a player died with panic (Fear).
Fixed a bug where a player could get agro on other players while Lucifron used Dominate Mind on him/her, which caused the hero to attack the player it had agro on non stop.
The Enchanter no longer despawns after 3min so that you can actually use it :>
Cast bar fixed on Chain Heal (Hybrid shaman)
Hybrid Shaman can no longer wind fury.

I'll try to do those item(Edit:icon) borders soon (Didn't notice^^)

Level 2
sorry but i cba to add save/load in beta, the map seems far to easy at the moment. I'm busy buffing and fixing a lot of things again today tho, the beta shouldn't last too long.

Think I'm done with my changes for today, I'll upload 0.99 in a few hours.
The important changes:
Bosses won't use skills on "Player 16" anymore.
Most boss abilities buffed.
Boss and the enemies part of the boss fight have a health increase.
Majordomo now uses abilities.
Lucifron's Flamewalker Protectors no longer respawn after he's killed.

Smaller changes:
Most spells have a mana increase.
There's a teleporter from the start point to Shazzrah after you kill him.
Min. Handicap on enemies set to 40%.
Mana Gem fixed.

Last edited:
Level 2
Alright dude. I've killed Lucifron twice, and for some reason I go on to attack more Core Hounds in the same room, and it says I have encountered Lucifron, even though he's dead. Very bad bug.

Also. Try to add more skills using skill books. Instead of making 3 different heroes of the same class (i.e. Ret/Holy/Prot Pally), Have a choice to spend skill points in Trees rather than skills. Those trees would unlock new abilitys for that tree only. For example, paladins start with 1000 HP and 1000 Mana. If you spec into holy, your mana doubles. If you spec into protection, your HP triples. Stuff like that.

Another thing. Add more variety to the classes with different trees (if you don't do the above listed idea). Frost mages and Fire mages have fire blast. Both hunters have aimed shot, etc.

Add a save/load ASAP. People join my game and they always say, save/load? No. *has left the game. It's hard to get people to play a long game that has no benefit to playing more than once.

From your loyal tester
K1LLTH3N00B :spell_breaker:

Level 5
The battle standard item drops on death and I cant seem to load my protection tauren warrior :(

Level 2
@xzero
The save/load only works for items and gives extra gold/item loaded, if your a high level at the start it would just be easymode :\

Magmadar's Flame Breath deals roughly 1.7k damage, but could probably do up to 3.4k damage if the tank moved with the flames - to make sure that the tank doesn't have to move too often I made that Magmadar's Panic (Loss of control spell) can't effect the tank anymore.

Last edited:
Level 3
Magmadar's Flame Breath deals roughly 1.7k damage, but could probably do up to 3.4k damage if the tank moved with the flames - to make sure that the tank doesn't have to move too often I made that Magmadar's Panic (Loss of control spell) can't effect the tank anymore.

papa how do you save/load correctly? I saved my rogue with all the items and gold and enchants and stuff... i go to load next game and it says Load Successfull but nothing happens.... do i need to first pick a hero? or is there something wrong.

please show correct way of saving/loading lol

Level 8
WHAT!!!??? ONLY ITEMS ARE SAVED!!!???

This needs to be changed PRONTO! And dont give me that "But if they load a high level character, it'll just be too easy" crap. Find a way to fix it, because you NEED to be able to save your hero, ortherwise, theres no point in the save/load system.

Level 2
@Joss
Giving people items and gold to start with should already be enough - Getting max level after a decent item load can't be that difficult. The plus side to not loading a hero is that you can use your previous items on other heroes.

*This map wasn't meant to have a save/load, but it has one so that players can have something in exchange for their time (Except for fun since that wasn't enough) - Items+Gold*

boring part:
Bosses have large health differences and ability damage differences, because a player has a lot more damage/health on a higher level. If I were to resort to saving level/hero I'd have to redo all the boss abilities/hit points and make that levels didn't matter by reducing stats gained/ability damage per level.

==An alternative== (That doesn't require me working too much :p)
If players really want to skip the first 2-3 bosses I could just make them auto level-up at Garr/Shazzrah/Baron to the level that they should be at more or less, players could already be lvl60 at Shazzrah/Baron which proves again that leveling is fast, or at least not that long.

Since I made this to have fun (which I am :>) I don't want to make any major changes that easily.

"But if they load a high level character, it'll just be too easy" crap. - that certainly aint crap :<

Level 2
One major problem IMO, is the lack of skills and Spec variety. Both specs of Mages have Fire Blast, both Hunters have Aimed Shot. Make Spell Books with a lot of different spells. Here's how it works. You have three skill sets you can learn for each class. I.E. Paladin has a Holy Book, a Protection Book, and a Retribution Book. If you spend points in Holy, you have an increased mana pool, along with healing spells. If you spend points in Protection, you have an increased health pool, and threat making abilities. If you spend points in Retribution, you gain a damage increase, along with Raid Buffs and DPS increasers. It wouldn't be that hard to trigger or map out, and I know you would be able to do it. Trust me, it's a far better system than the current one.

Level 2
And one more thing, add a rolling system. Loot gets ninja'd all of the time. -roll, generate random number 1-100, easy. make it happen :thumbs_up:

Level 3
This map is excelent, very well made! I've been looking something like this for a while :)

Hero choosing system is good. Though many WoW players here want to see system where you can spec to one build with spellbook system, I myself like this system more. This is just one map, dungeon, where you play the role you pick, so why the need for more complicated system?

But, one thing mentioned beforehand is right: hunters and mages have same skills to use, also shamans. So you could change them a bit, so they wont have same skills, if it's possible.

And one thing that bothered me: hybrid Shaman and Druid. Could it be possible to make hybrid shaman a resto shaman, because, that's the third spec of shaman, and you already have Enhancement and Elemental shamans. So, pure healer shaman would rock ^^.

I rate 4/5, because map is well made, lot of effort put into it. Very good point is that it's simple, very WoW-like, but still you've taken liberties with certain things to make them work easier, which is good! Boss encounters are fun, bit hectic sometimes, but fun! Threat system is pure awesomeness in my books :3

You could add screenshots and possibly a small trailer to this too, wouldn't hurt :> Keep updating this, definetly worth it! Hopefully we'll see more maps from you. Perhaps other WoW instances...? You already have good working system, heroes and talent to make these maps, so I really hope you keep it up!

Level 2
Decent map... a few noteworthy things

Threat system is nice, except that pets and their respected class share threat, meaning that a hunters pet that generates threat, generates threat to the hunter.

A roll system should be included. It would be very easy, and VERY beneficial to players.

A few bugs to point out
- "-defeat" sometimes causes loss of control of a character if used during a boss fight. I found myself under control of another player multiple times after using "-defeat" on a boss. This can easily be solved by making the command "-unstuck" give the player control of their hero.

- "-defeat" sometimes leaves a hero behind when used during boss fights, making it be used a second time.

- "-defeat" when used during fights sometimes causes the creatures to assume the fight is still going, and they will run towards a player and engage them. (I assume it's the player that it was aggro'd to when "-defeat" was used

- (Minor) Arcanite Reaper doesn't add 20 damage, it adds 20 armor

Approved
8.0 out of 10. (4/5)
A few ways to improve the score:
- Fix the bugs I pointed out
- Add a rolling system
- Add a "-kick" or "-votekick" system
- Add damage and healing meters
- Add a "marking" system
- Add more specs to the classes
- Create more diversity between the specs

Level 6
Well, I took a shot at this just a few minutes ago, and by the 15 minutes of trying to solo the trash before the first boss, I found a few bugs.

1. Arcanite Reaper bug, it gives 20 armor, not 20 damage. Which is a huge bug as it increases your survivability by quite a lot.
  2. Judgement of Light does not heal 5% of HP.
  3. Bloodthirst, also, does not heal 5% of HP.

Other then that, I hope you continue working on the map, (and eventually expand it to a multi-map RPG where I can also go to BWL and so forth,) it's refreshing to see something simple like a Molten Core map, when it's nicely done, and not crappy like so many other versions of it.

+1

Level 5
What ever happened to this map being updated every few days :sad:.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
Approve.

Any Personal Comments?
lags a little bitty bit, so I wish you hadn't protected it, but pretty good otherwise. I haven't seen many terrains that can pull off the all lava style.

Level 3
Hmmm the map's is great IMO and the boss encounters and everything but maybe -roll for item :) and maybe add more char's and classes and specs please :)

Level 5
Th map is great, It is also very hard but I love it hard I'm level 60 but I'f run in into a problem I'f maxed out my Blizzard ability and now it is a Tool Tip Missing icon with a face on it, my ability is now useless http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/ef4skv/WC3ScrnShot_112915_022302_03.jpg. Your terrain looks good and I love the fire effect on the lava. the ice wing effect that the icy veins gives looks cool. The level 60's is very powerful and gives great items, I like your map, good job 4/5