• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wow, I posted many, many embarrassing posts when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once in a while I come back here because I get nostalgic, and this time I went over my oldest posts, private messages and so on.

And boy oh boy do I have embarrassing memories, beyond my English grammar, that was way worse than it is now, here are some things I did:

1. Getting overly salty at 3/5 rating I got, and arguing with guy about it for days.
2. Arguing with moderators over models that are not approved, getting way too emotional over it.
3. Personal, real life information that I really wish I kept for myself.
4. Edgy opinions shared left and right.

And so on, It's like time capsule from long passed part of my life, feels like ages ago, if age was 7 years, I really feel like I am way, way changed person now.

Well, that's it I guess, for my yearly: "I am feeling nostalgic about hive so I guess I will go there and make a single off topic thread"

Take care everybody, best of luck.

Level 4
I personally thought it was rather brave and inspiring of HammerFist to delve into the past without getting bogged down in it, but rather recognizing the changes and lessons learned that have occurred since then.

I can relate to the situation somewhat myself as well, although I'm somewhat prone to rumination.

@Zombie I guess it is, usually I would just silently delete those posts, this time I felt more like publicly reflecting on them. Also, I tried really hard not to use word cringe myself, it's too cringeworthy.
@Togra_blah I just love coming back once in a while to reminisce my time here, all people I was really close here in 2011-2013 are not online for a long long time, cannot say I really care if somebody doesn't consider my posts coolest of the cool.

Level 8
Aahaha I remember the old days when I was arguing on forums like crazy, lucklily for me I joined hive way later, I was at least a bit mature by that time I guess :)

Level 5
you know it's pretty normal, we say a bunch of things that once we mature we consider childish and immature - I think it's like that for everyone

Level 5
Hahaha, always remember that Internet interactions are just like handwritten mail. You would always be respectful to people, and that goes for people on the other end that may have bothered you too!

I also had funny memories, that I tried to hide. I figured after, there was nothing to hide :p. I used to cuss very hard at people, but the way I see it; no one has the right to harass me like they did then. They knew full well I was a kid in elementary or middle, but they still kept bashing my work I'd submit (it actually wasn't bad work though, drawing runs in my family).

Also, what year range was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.