1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wow, I posted many, many embarrassing posts when I was younger.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HammerFist132, Feb 4, 2020.

1. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So once in a while I come back here because I get nostalgic, and this time I went over my oldest posts, private messages and so on.

And boy oh boy do I have embarrassing memories, beyond my English grammar, that was way worse than it is now, here are some things I did:

1. Getting overly salty at 3/5 rating I got, and arguing with guy about it for days.
    2. Arguing with moderators over models that are not approved, getting way too emotional over it.
    3. Personal, real life information that I really wish I kept for myself.
    4. Edgy opinions shared left and right.

And so on, It's like time capsule from long passed part of my life, feels like ages ago, if age was 7 years, I really feel like I am way, way changed person now.

Well, that's it I guess, for my yearly: "I am feeling nostalgic about hive so I guess I will go there and make a single off topic thread"

Take care everybody, best of luck.

2. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    creating this thread was kinda cringe too, bro

3. Togra_blah

Togra_blah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally thought it was rather brave and inspiring of HammerFist to delve into the past without getting bogged down in it, but rather recognizing the changes and lessons learned that have occurred since then.

I can relate to the situation somewhat myself as well, although I'm somewhat prone to rumination.

4. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Zombie I guess it is, usually I would just silently delete those posts, this time I felt more like publicly reflecting on them. Also, I tried really hard not to use word cringe myself, it's too cringeworthy.
    @Togra_blah I just love coming back once in a while to reminisce my time here, all people I was really close here in 2011-2013 are not online for a long long time, cannot say I really care if somebody doesn't consider my posts coolest of the cool.

5. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You must get salty and aggressive because you are Hammer Fist! It is in your nature!

6. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aahaha I remember the old days when I was arguing on forums like crazy, lucklily for me I joined hive way later, I was at least a bit mature by that time I guess :)

7. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol

8. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, I also come back here once in a while and when I see my older posts. Just like you, my friend.
    Sometimes I even facepalms reading my own posts.

9. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Who is loling at my posts? Thats right, Spear! haha he have hammer and we have spear here! What great tools and weapons

10. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @MasterHaosis HammerFist is coolest sounding username, and there is no way to convince me otherwise, I am super cool :D

11. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was thinking the same

13. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    you know it's pretty normal, we say a bunch of things that once we mature we consider childish and immature - I think it's like that for everyone

14. EggPooPoo

EggPooPoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahaha, always remember that Internet interactions are just like handwritten mail. You would always be respectful to people, and that goes for people on the other end that may have bothered you too!

I also had funny memories, that I tried to hide. I figured after, there was nothing to hide :p. I used to cuss very hard at people, but the way I see it; no one has the right to harass me like they did then. They knew full well I was a kid in elementary or middle, but they still kept bashing my work I'd submit (it actually wasn't bad work though, drawing runs in my family).

Also, what year range was this?