• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would you play a game where...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
It would be different. I don't know how fun it'd be. But it'd definitely be interesting.

I would try it, just for the sake of trying it.

Level 14
Yeah the filesize would be huge.

And as per "illegal," a lot of maps use sounds from outside sources. No one complains that those are illegal.

I guess every LotR map made that uses music and voices from the movies should be illegal.

And what about Septimus' maps? A lot of the Spartan ones use voices from the movies.

I don't see it as a problem.

It's not like he'd be claiming it as his own. The idea would be to guess who actually made the song and what the title is, I'm guessing.

Level 13
i assumed he was just going to put in lyrics of the song in the map and ask people to guess what song they were from, and then they would score a point if they named the song faster. and it would be alot like some of those trivia bots that ask various melee/dota questions about wc3.

Level 17
Is it like "The Weakest Link"-custom game...?

I haven't decided how the players should be eliminated but yeah, somehow.

Would you create an illegal game?
Music can be extracted out of the map for own use.
Even if it are small parts, they fall under the right of the creator.

Even 5 seconds? Come on, you think Run Kitty Run paid rights to put the song In The End by Linkin Park? I don't think so.

Your map would have to be HUGE.

A 5 Second song is just 39 KB. So I can fit in about 150 songs? Remember that just because you put 4000 kb worth of songs, it doesn't mean its 4000 kb worth of map. It compresses somehow...

i assumed he was just going to put in lyrics of the song in the map and ask people to guess what song they were from, and then they would score a point if they named the song faster. and it would be alot like some of those trivia bots that ask various melee/dota questions about wc3.

Not lyrics, that would be damn too easy, I will put the 5 seconds start of a song. You know, the one without lyrics?

Also, you couldn't have a lot of songs and your game would die in about a week of playing.

Yeah, that's one thing in my head... But I can fit in about 150 songs compressed. And I can put different questions like what band, what year, what song, what album. But that would be way harder... erm

I think you guys don't know what I'm thinking about :p ?

Status
Not open for further replies.