• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would like someone to look at this map for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If someone has a bit of time, I'd greatly appreciate a look at this map. It shows an issue with which I'm having trouble regarding triggered movement of Neutral Hostile units.

What is supposed to happen in the map is that the four ships circle the island in a circle. You should be able to see what I was trying to do (and it isn't written as cleanly as might be possible). It only works, however, if I change the ownership of the ships to a player instead of Neutral Hostile or Neutral Passive. There is something about the Neutral Players that I don't understand that screws up the movement.

You'll see what I mean if you test the map.

Note: The regions used for movement are 1oclock through 12oclock - around the island like a clock.

Attachments

• Circling Ships.w3x
    89.1 KB · Views: 33
Level 8
probably the neutral AI has default behavior for units that is overriding the orders you trigger, so you would have to modify or delete the AI used by the neutral player

you could get around this by forcing instantaneous movement and facing angle through a periodic trigger every 0.03 seconds using the "move unit and face angle" action.

Level 4
Thank you, watermelon. I was thinking it might be related to distance, but you were right; it had to do with return time.

Problem Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.