• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WotLK: New graphics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Picture two was taken by Blizzard, with max graphics, from the best angle possible. Picture one is probably taken by a player, or a Blizz guy with no photography experience.

The graphics are better in parts, but the problem will remain that they won't revamp the entier world, so it wouldn't be consistent.

Level 26
Picture two was taken by Blizzard, with max graphics, from the best angle possible. Picture one is probably taken by a player, or a Blizz guy with no photography experience.

The graphics are better in parts, but the problem will remain that they won't revamp the entier world, so it wouldn't be consistent.
Indeed. In both of them, the mountains are nowhere near smooth. The old WoW mountains, though, are chunky even from far away.

Level 34
Are you sure? I would imagine they wouldn't be able to up the looks of every area. So is Northrend the only place that will get the better graphics?

Also, I am pretty sure that the first screen is on full. The distance is on full at least, I would imagine everything else would be too.

Level 26
Are you sure? I would imagine they wouldn't be able to up the looks of every area. So is Northrend the only place that will get the better graphics?
That's what he said. He was saying unless they revamp the graphics of every area, northrend would just be awkward if there were significant graphics changes.

Level 34
Well there are supposed to be significant graphic changes. Well, to rephrase
Yes. We're currently working on some technical enhancements to the game's graphics, and we'll be discussing these further in the months ahead.

I suppose it will be weird. Oh well, I would like to see a better looking WoW even if it's only 1 area.

Level 6
I would say that the graphics look pretty much the same. Like the others say, textures better, but still WoW in core essence. On the other hand (about the mountain thing) they may not look like mountains, but I like em'. There very dynamic and fantasy looking, like something in a cool movie, unrealistic. Everything about WoW is very fantasy and it gives it a good feel.

Level 9
I would say that the graphics look pretty much the same. Like the others say, textures better, but still WoW in core essence. On the other hand (about the mountain thing) they may not look like mountains, but I like em'. There very dynamic and fantasy looking, like something in a cool movie, unrealistic. Everything about WoW is very fantasy and it gives it a good feel...

Except the gameplay.

Level 34
I don't really care about the mountains. I agree, it is fantasy, but I was just saying the expansion mountains look more real.

Status
Not open for further replies.