• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

*SPOILERS* Wotlk Beta: Wrathgate Cinematic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I give Blizzard 10 thumbs up for this new awesomer WOW lore!

I don't.
The Wrathgate reminds me too much of the Black Gate from LOTR…
This whole event is like it has been ripped off from Lord of the Rings. And the Wrathgate remains closed...
But, the part with the Forsaken is good. Although it is likely that the Lich King would knew about the Forsaken's new secret weapon and would have been prepared.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Looked way too much like LotR, and that was, in my opinion, the downside of it, but it sure looks cool.
That orc... wasn't Thrall, was he?

And wait a moment, since when are Orcs and Humans allied in WoW? And the Forsaken... have betrayed them? If the lore is being remade, partially or not, then I can't wait to see what's new!

Level 17
Rui, The horde and alliance have always been on the same side when they're dealing with the scourge or burning legion. Hence the Dark Portal fight just the days before BC was launched.

No, it was not thrall, looked more like Saurfang. But with Saurfang Arthas would be dead.

Maybe it was just a regular orc warchief.

I guess the Forsaken took the chance. Killing the Lich King and offering 500 men of the horde or letting the Lich King and let 10000 die.

Level 9
The orc is Saurfang the Younger, the son High Warlord Saurfang, who came from outland in order to join the battle at the wrath gate.
All of the quest events, including all explanation and the full description of the retaking of the Undercity from Varimathras and Grand Apothecary Putress (as well as the utter destruction of the relations between the Alliance and the Horde) can be viewed in Wowwiki:

Alliance quest-line:
Start quest here: Quest:Into Hostile Territory - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
The Quest of the event: Quest:Return To Angrathar (Alliance) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
Final Quest: Quest:The Battle For The Undercity (Alliance) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Horde quest-line:
Quest of the event:
Quest:Return To Angrathar (Horde - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft)
Final Quest:
Quest:The Battle For The Undercity (Horde) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

After I have investigated the background, I must admit blizzard did a good job with this quest.
However, I still think that they could make this quest-line much more "Lore-friendly", better, unique, and impressive.
Regardless, it is an improvement.

Level 13
Wait... How will Forsaken play after this event? The Players are suddenly some outcasts who chose the Horde over their own race?

*EDIT* Well it turns out that this Grand Apotchery Putress (the one who unleashed that plague on the battlefied) is part of Varimathras's forces. Varimathras has rebelled against Sylvanas and taken over the Undercity, and through a quest chain you take back Undercity again. The Forsaken are still on the side of the horde under Sylvanas.

Level 5
Since the New Plaque was made by the royal apothecary society i think it that it is likely that they acted on their own. Afterall, they are mad chemical scientists and mad chemical scientists always prefer to test their inventions on a large crowd.

But now we atleast know how a bunch of random people will be able to kill arthas.

Level 13
Somehow... Arthas was affected by this plague... Maybe it will actually be an excuse for players being able to kill him, although very unlikely.
The Plague was created to kill both living and undead, so of course it's going to have SOME effect on Arthas too. And yeah, I also thought that it will be some sort of excuse to kill Arthas, like it has weakened him alot.

Level 27
Rui, The horde and alliance have always been on the same side when they're dealing with the scourge or burning legion. Hence the Dark Portal fight just the days before BC was launched.

No, it was not thrall, looked more like Saurfang. But with Saurfang Arthas would be dead.

Maybe it was just a regular orc warchief.

I guess the Forsaken took the chance. Killing the Lich King and offering 500 men of the horde or letting the Lich King and let 10000 die.

Ah come on, are you competing to the Saurfang myth?

Level 5
This was actually kinda... awesome. And it fits quite good into the lore (compared to all the other things Blizz recently released). But as people say some parts are just copied from LotR

Level 9
Questions:

Save for the mindless fighting, i didn't really get what happened in the video lore-wise. Can someone explain it to me?

Also: Saurfang is Broxigar's brother. It's more than likely that he is wielding brox's axe crafted by cenarius. If i recall correctly, the axe is indestructible. How could it just break in the video?

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Frostmourne was forged by Kil'jaeden, lad. And Kil'jaeden > Cenarius.

And as for the lore, it's simple... The Alliance manage to wtfpwn Arthas' first wave of casual undead, then they find themselves owned by Arthas' giants, but the Horde comes to aid them...

Next Arthas comes out and raises his army of casual undead once more, killing Saurfang the Younger in the process. Just as Arthas is ready to wipe them out, the Forsaken's new co-leader Putress opens fire with a billion liters of plague (the new plague that kills both undead and living).

Everyone dies, even Arthas goes back coughing like a complete pussy.

After that the red dragons appear and burn the heck out of everything to wipe out the plague and make the area playable again...

Level 16
Nope, Tier 7 will be retextured Tier 3 from Naxxramas. And before you post that youtube video, know that those were only speculation.

What makes you so sure about that?
Naxx will be one of harder 25 man raids, meaning that putting first of WOTLK sets in it is not that logical... T7 will be most likely in some easier raids, while naxx will bring up... say t8 or even t9.

Level 13
Naxx is actually the first raid you'll encounter in WotLK, and after it follows The Eye of Eternity.

Oh, and don't forget that there is a choice between 10 man and 25 man mode for all raids.
Yeah, indeed Naxx will be the first raid.

Level 25
blood elfs

THE LITTLE GIRLY MEN? (Best read in voice of the Heavy from TF2)

Seriously, Blood Elves suck. Trolls, now trolls are awesome. Trolls are so awesome, it hurts. Hurts other people

Oh, and as for Putress' helmet, you guys ARE aware we still don't have the shoulders of the final Shadowfang Keep boss yet, right There's no guarantee that we'll ever get it, though it is awesome

THE LITTLE GIRLY MEN?

And notice how they weren't at the Wrathgate? All they care about know is stupid Lil' Dalaran.

Oh, and as for Putress' helmet, you guys ARE aware we still don't have the shoulders of the final Shadowfang Keep boss yet, right There's no guarantee that we'll ever get it, though it is awesome

You're refering to Archmage Arugal, I'd assume. I highly doubt we'll ever get Putress' gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.