• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldmap of Arkain

Level 5
This was not how i imagined the Arkain world map to be at all, I thought that Lor was the one by the sea, Kerrel being directly north of Lor and Pyrru and Toran somewhere to the southwest of Kerrel, its very good that Shar created an official map, clarifies lots of things, also a pleasure to look at

Level 6
Yes, for real.

I have been tinkering around a bit and have now created a WIP of a POLITICAL Arkain worldmap.

I considered making one with accurate geographics, but I quickly came to the conclusion that this would look even worse than my terrain, so I decided not to bother, therefore do not even try to find geographical details, there are not really many.

Anyway, here you go, enjoy!
full

full
Added this to the Legends of Arkain Fandom.

I believe the demons may have done so, many times. I may have been exactly for that same reason why he chose to ''permanently seal'' the mountain in the first place.
The Dead Mountain is sealed. But the tunnels can run further to Cold North, under Zyaise noses.

Cold North is like the Lands of Endless Winter in Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones story. That can be inhabited by Undead, as the Demons see the Cold North as a precious water source.

The Hot Sands are no part of the Demons's land, they are the area south of it.

Its inhabitants are mostly nomads who also sometimes get raided by the Demons,
but the Demons don't have much interest in that area conquest-wise as long as stronger
enemies that would give more resistance, like the Human Kingdoms, still exist.
What race was the nomads in the Hot Sands? That is one of my question. The other is, can the Undead build a tunnel to the Cold North? And is there any race living on the Cold North? And lastly, can you describe the Orcish homeland, and who did make the Orcs leave the continent that they once called homeland?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
What race was the nomads in the Hot Sands? That is one of my question. The other is, can the Undead build a tunnel to the Cold North? And is there any race living on the Cold North? And lastly, can you describe the Orcish homeland, and who did make the Orcs leave the continent that they once called homeland?
In time, my friend, in time.

Level 12
Yes, for real.

I have been tinkering around a bit and have now created a WIP of a POLITICAL Arkain worldmap.

I considered making one with accurate geographics, but I quickly came to the conclusion that this would look even worse than my terrain, so I decided not to bother, therefore do not even try to find geographical details, there are not really many.

Anyway, here you go, enjoy!
full

full
Shar, where is the the souleater legion's base of operation? The soul keep?:huh:

Level 5
Shar I like the map, but feels incomplete. There are many questions, which I would like to ask. For example:

1. The lands of Empire of Rodan. We only know, it's in the west beyond the great sea. But that's all. How big The Empire is? Is it one island, archipelago or Continent? Or subcontinent a part of a bigger continent?

2. The Cold North. How big is it? Who lives there? Giants(Like Vrykuls)? Northmen? Like Vikings in real world? Or savage barbarians like Norsca, Kurgan, Tong in Warhammer fantasy? 😏

3. Hot Sands. How big is it? Who lives there? Is the area inhabited by desert nomads(like Tuaregs in real world)? What is south of Hot Sands? Realms of Men? Something like Emirates, Sultanates or Caliphates? Something like Hellenic city states, ancient Persia or Egypt? Or more Elven kingdoms? More Dwarven kingdoms? Jungles inhabited by humans, trolls? I would really like to know. :)

4. Further east. What is there? More Deamons? Human realms inspired by China, Korea, India, Khmers or Japan? More Dwarfs? Or Elven kingdoms? Perhaps Night Elves?(Finally making appearance?) Void Elves? Or Human realms inspired by Eastern Europe = Ancient Rus maybe?

5. Other continents? Orcish homeland for example. 😊

Still I like the map, but I think you understand, what I'm trying to tell you. Let's say, that this reply is a suggestion, how to improve the map of continent. Make continent way bigger, than it is right now. Add more kingdoms, duchies, principalities, empires, caliphates etc.

If you need help with creating bigger map, you can ask. 😉