• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War One - Trenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
THIS IS JUST A SAVE !!!

ART41018.jpg

Small story

The battles after combat are always the times that frightens you. Since you've now stepped into the horrible time called World War One. Many soldiers where you live with in your trenches are new, around eighteen to twenty. The winters are cold and freezing, you cannot feel your feet. At the time of summer to autumn you have rain and stench while your trenches are full of.. rats.
Living in trenches is hard yes, everyday you get the chance to charge in your enemy that isn't 50 yards away from you. And the same for your enemy, these circumstances are.

Features
Ok this map shall be a whole other level then any other map, this one has quests, events, realistic models and many more.

Instead that you get permantly killed or just revive with a poof in the field, you get 'revived' by each so called shipment. The shipment consists of new troops, equipment and other. Maybe you get even an tank in the future through the game.

There are two teams, both are getting supplied, maybe more men now and then more supplies after, simple. One has to defend the village which ranges from shops to houses.

Your men can occupy these residents to have more advantage in the game. Like if you occupy the bar over there, the moral increases of your men. If not been occupied, it gives a little moral bonus. But if you make the bar your frontline HQ, it gives a huge bonus of moral to your troops.

Here's a small list of bonus's and effects:
- Moral; This effects your troops sometimes, but they do have to follow orders. If it's high, they have more success vs. the enemy then it is low. The lower the moral, the higher the risk is that your troops can desert or join the opposite army.
- Health(care); A healthy soldier, is a good soldier. Healthy soldiers often grand more success against the enemy then sick ones. Sick soldiers also can make other soldiers, whom are healthy, sick.
- Supplies; This ranges from food to bullets. This may effect Moral sometimes.
- ~~

There are many things and chances on which way you can DIE, here are some examples:
- Head injury; AKA headshot; you're dead. Really small chance you can make it out alive with this. (High)
- Flesh wound; Most painful yes, but can't kill you. (Low)
- Disease; you feel sick, maybe you have to lie down. (Medium, but depends on what kind of disease)
- Frostbite; sorry but your body part(s) have to come off, it's dead meat. (High)
- Bullet wound; The good old classic bullet wound, can be all kinds of degree. (Low to High)

Events
- Charge: When the officer says to charge, you charge. This is one of the most risky events that can occur. It depends about timing, numbers and intelligence. Moral has also some influence but not that big. Most casualties fall on the charge. Only the Officer(s) can give this command.

- Supplies:
Your men and you get supplied with new equipment, new soldiers and weaponry. The supplement comes x times every x minutes.
The Officer(s) can request an supplement to come earlier but this also brings along that the next supplement comes later.

- Support: This event can range from barrages of artillery to biplanes in the air. Many times when Support events occurs, Officers summon Charges at the enemy.

Units and more Units

French Troops
WW1FSoldier.jpg
French Soldier - The standard outfitted soldier of the French Army. Wears an standard soldier uniform, carries a long range French rifle, mountable with a bayonet knife. Goodversus Other Infantry. Weak versus Machine Guns.

icons_2665_btn.jpg
Vickers Machine Gun - This is the standard machine gun for the French army. Borrowed from the English, this quite new weapon is exellent versus enemy ground forces and soft targets. Key elemental for guarding open area's. Good versus Infantry. Weak versus Cavalry and Tanks.

French Chevalier - Information not yet implemented. Strong versus Infantry & Machineguns. Weak versus anti Tank weaponry.

[Tank Name] - Not yet implemented. Strong versus Anything. Weak versus anti Tank weaponry.

WW1GSoldier.jpg
German Soldier - The standard outfitted soldier of the German Army. Wears an standard gray uniform, carries a standard German rifle, mountable with a bayonet knife. Good versus Other Infantry. Weak versus Machine Guns.

THIS IS JUST A SAVE!!

Last edited:
Level 36
This sounds amazing if you pull it off right. I am studying WW1 in school atm, so if you want any history for cinematics or details on weapons, just ask me.
And you should make the British, too, seeing as they were in the trenches in France as well (they were the ones with the tanks)

edit: And you probably wouldn't get too frostbitten, it's the trench foot you have to worry about 0.o

Level 13
AMERICANS!!! also how are these trenchs going to work??? like are they going to be able to be built?? or what
also what about the snipers that poped off the head of emeny soldiers unlucky enough too look out and get shot
also didnt the bitish use scots using Ghillie suits

Level 8
This sounds amazing if you pull it off right. I am studying WW1 in school atm, so if you want any history for cinematics or details on weapons, just ask me.
And you should make the British, too, seeing as they were in the trenches in France as well (they were the ones with the tanks)

edit: And you probably wouldn't get too frostbitten, it's the trench foot you have to worry about 0.o

I'm getting into WW2 ;P

Level 8

edit: please delete this post, i accidentally doubled it

Level 11
omg omg they should get trench foot! you know when your socks and boots basically meld to your skin, and it can get so bad the mud gets in and it gets infected and then they have to "HACK* it off.

Level 5
Ok, here is a better version of your intro, I think...

The sound of the shells blasting, bullets ricocheting and the horrible smell of the dead bodies gives you a nusty and honorless feelings. Since you've now stepped into the grave and joined the battles of the World War 1, you are now officially a soldier. Most of the soldiers that are with you at your trenches are new and frightened, there are around twenty of them. In the winters its cold and freezing, you can't even feel your feet. At the other times its raining or hot, at that time your trenches stink and are full of rats and water.
Living in trenches is hard yes, everyday you get the chance to charge at your enemy. At the same time your enemy ain't having a good time, he will have to go through everything that you might. Welcome to the World War 1, soldier!

If you like it, dont hesitate, and give me +rep :D

Level 11
Ok, here is a better version of your intro, I think...

The sound of the shells blasting, bullets ricocheting and the horrible smell of the dead bodies gives you a nusty and honorless feelings. Since you've now stepped into the grave and joined the battles of the World War 1, you are now officially a soldier. Most of the soldiers that are with you at your trenches are new and frightened, there are around twenty of them. In the winters its cold and freezing, you can't even feel your feet. At the other times its raining or hot, at that time your trenches stink and are full of rats and water.
Living in trenches is hard yes, everyday you get the chance to charge at your enemy. At the same time your enemy ain't having a good time, he will have to go through everything that you might. Welcome to the World War 1, soldier!

If you like it, dont hesitate, and give me +rep :D

Yeah I don't like it no offense. Good start though, how about...

Mortar shells explode in the distance, that have been closing in to your position. Bullets fly by your head leaving a constant ringing in your ears. Bodies rot all around and mixed with the sweat and other excretments from the men makes you sick on your stomach, but this is not the time to get vomit.
Though you've only been in a few battles the young men in your squad, who has yet to even hit their twenties, look to you for guidance. Your a man in this war. A man who sits in trenches waiting everyday for the sound of a charge, or the sound of retreat.
You stand in a few inches of water that has made your feet numb, and has created an insect sespool. In the winter it feels as if your a icicle and in the summer, you melt in the heat which increases the stench of everything.
Times are tough, they seem to never end, but you know you are fighting for all those innocents, the people who may or may not deserve freedom, but you are giving it to them. You are a man in a war-No you are more, you are one who stands up for what you believe in. You are a zealous fighter, zealous of your freedom and your country, you are a Soldier.

new paragraph tags are in there ^.^ i don't like the double space though

Level 4
this seems like a beginning of a good game. major question. is this going to have homing bullets like Wc3 has, or just goes straight? and if it goes straight, how will u make the trenches work? just raising the ground looks good but bullets will just go over them, if u create a cliff the bullets will stop, but units cant pass over. if u add a spell like jump, to go over the cliff, charge won't work well,thats my thought.

Are you actually gonna make this map, or did you just post the story, so someone else could make it? It seems like you are, though, good on you. As for the aiming system, it's going to be hard to make AI for that, but for the human players, I think this would be good:
  • The aiming is done by a crosshair model only visible to its "owner" which maybe shakes around a bit.
  • When you shoot, you should basically have the crosshair move up and a bullet go to its previous position.
  • Since I doubt that one guy will be running around with a machine gun, the bolt-action/semi-automatic shooting wouldn't be a problem.
  • As for machine guns, simply create a spell that starts it and one that ends it, maybe based off Immolation.
  • The crosshair system would, of course, not be too easy, since you have to get it to be straight the whole time, I'm sure you could think of something.

Level 10
The missles should be units so they have a deflection chance through the simple particle system. Also there should also be also a random spray system where if a n enemy soldier gets in perimeter, the machine gunner should start spraying. The machines at the time were water cooled, but the maxim was inefficient and over heated alot so as for the earlier versions of the Browning .50. Weapons jammed easily like the French side feed MG and the bolt action rifles at the time. Soldiers should be able to hop inside the trenches and engage in hand to hand combat as for tanks should be able to roll over the trenches and have a over heat or personnel comfortability system where the longer your crew is inside that uncomfortable tank, the lower the efficiency.

Level 13
void im pretty sure snipers were used with the suits in ww1 also because isnt there many stories aobut when you stick your head out of the trench your head was very likly to pop off also i searched on google before i posted that

Level 36
void im pretty sure snipers were used with the suits in ww1 also because isnt there many stories aobut when you stick your head out of the trench your head was very likly to pop off also i searched on google before i posted that

It's not because of ghillie suits, however. Snipers would hide out in trees and wear some camouflage, but it was really more like putting a bush over your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.