• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] World of Warcraft: Zones Lores (Elwynn Forest terrain playable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
World of Warcraft: Zones Lores

Map name
Name of map will be name of zone where you are in your progress.

Creators and Thanks
Me - Weiner

Why did I move it from ideas?
I am almost done with Elwynn Forest terrain. I want place map here, so you can try map and look at terrain. Only what is not done is Stormwind (and it will be last thing to do, maybe I will do one district or harbor) and I will do mines and some buildings enterable very soon.

Elwynn Forest V0.1.15t
Terrain: 90% (playable)
Units: 5%
Quests: 5/+-35
Balance: 0%

Summary of the map gameplay/objectives
You will choose map, where you want start (Elwynn Forest).
When you start map, you will choose your hero - warrior, mage etc. (World of Warcraft classes)
Then you can start completing quests, talking with NPCs and killing monsters.
Idea is that I want change WoW quests into W3 "campaign". With NPCs from WoW and monsters from WoW. Every time you are in only one zone, after you will complete quests, you will move in to another zone and another and another.
Actually what will make map interesting?
Cinematics and battles. I do not want just picking quests or grinding.

I did not play World of Warcraft much, but only what I need is wiki and WoW map. Sometimes it is very hard to find what I want :/ I was making maps when I was younger, but I did not have idea what to do.
I am not very good at it and I am not still using custom models etc. So everything is from W3 now.
So many things missing, but I hope that every zone will be better, beacuse I will have more experiences.

I want secrets in maps, but I do not know what secrets (items, letters, weapons?).

Questions or suggestions? :) What do you think?

Schedule
Elwynn Forest - Westfall then I want make another starting zone (Tirisfal Glades or Valley of Trials - Durotar)

Attachments

• Elwynn Forest public.w3x
    312.7 KB · Views: 160
  • EF_1.png
    EF_1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 429
  • EF_2.png
    EF_2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks. I uploaded screenshots. You mean that Elwynn Forest has not good lore? I wanted start somewhere and I think Elwynn Forest was best choice for me. I can continue with any zone, beacuse every map with quests will be separately.
Edit: Progress
Working on unit/hero balance, when unit is done I can finish quest.
Added Objectives multiboard
Hero's armor is upgrading with leveling (later you will must buy it)
Terrain changes - Northshire - more space
Spawn system

Last edited:
Level 2
Progress report:
I am done with Northshire, Kurtok the Slayer is dead and hero is going to Goldshire. Actually I have a paper full of bugs :D but I think it is good sign. Sometimes World Editor annoy me so much. I need a break (bcs of school too)

Status
Not open for further replies.