• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elwynn Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
...Where art thou', Elwynn Forest? Come on guys! I can't wait until you start making da' umie' zones! They are my FAVORITE part of World of Warcraft, and Stormwind happens to be one of the most legendary human cities in the whole damn game! Are you guys working on it yet, or are you still planning it out?

Level 25
Haven't started working on Stormwind yet. However, we've started on two maps worth of the Elwyn Forest zone. So don't you worry, we're working on it... but barely. First, we want to finish more Horde places. However, ~Void~ said that he is going to start working on Teldrassil and hopefully finish that.

~Craka_J

Level 15
Meh, Teldrassil... I hate the Night Elfs. Too feminine/feline/Druidic based race. Even the guys are feminine. The Orkish WAAAAGH!!! is awesome, but the Orcs of Warcraft can't quite cut it. The Tauren... are meh. Trolls are... also meh. Humans are my utmost favorite. They have the COOLEST starting zone. My only problem is that they look ugly without beards.

But it's nice to know you're getting there. When can we expect to see screenshots?

Level 25
Remember when I said there would be no screenshots of Elwyn Forest or Stormwind? Well already I have released screenshots of Stormwind, but I have yet to get to Elwyn Forest. I started it a while ago but never finished it. It's very difficult to terrain when you don't have a WoW Map Viewer that works anymore. I'll probably be looking for a terrainer to help me with the terrain of Elwyn Forest and probably a few other areas, so look out for me saying "ALAS A NEW TERRAINER!" Somewhere on the forums.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Yep. And just to correct myself from before when I said "I can never make a 480x480 map" I didn't realize that Jass New Gen made it easily possible. So yeah, 480x480 maps can be expected. But not all will be maximized since it isn't totally necessary.

Level 25
Orgrimmar alone is about 320x320. Maybe a bit larger. I don't want to make the map larger than it needs to be. It already accomplishes the WoW-like feel enough with its scale and precise tile/object placements as well as rotation of objects.

Level 2
Gilneas and Quel'thalas Silvermoon!!!

~Will you add the FORGOTTEN REALM of GILNEAS?
~Will there be a Silvermoon?
~BTW, you just said that there will be no BLOOD ELVES...
so does it means there's a HIGH ELF or HIGHBORNE in the GAME?
I love the HIGHBORNE...

Status
Not open for further replies.