• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Strife: Exodus v1.14a

full

v1.14a

Exodus Day.
The day Lord Lothrim Tevintium, King of Rakasla,
unleashed unfathomable evil from the city's deepest,
darkest dungeons. You are one of the land's heroes,
whether the King's old Champion or a powerful Demon Hunter.
You will make your stand in the village
closest to the capital, Ovarrak,
to protect the innocents residing there.

The Forces of Undeath, atrocious creations of Lothrim's, will come in waves.
Between waves, you will have a chance to venture out and try to help others dealing with the aftermath of Exodus Day.
There are quests outside the village as well as in.
Saving units will make them join your defenses in gratitude, they will fight for you with their lives against the waves of Undeath.

World of Strife: Exodus is a 1-4 player hero survival game with some RPG elements and is the prequel to World of Strife: Retribution & World of Strife: Tribulations

Features Include:

• 9 Custom Heroes
• A Tutorial in the Beginning to Help All New Players
(Hit Esc Key at Beginning)
• Item Recipes
• 20 Waves of Enemies, Including multiple boss rounds
• Boss Rounds Depend on Number of Players
• A Vast Fully Explorable Terrain
• Upgradeable Tower Plots for Back-up Defenses
• Mercenaries to Hire
• An Enchanter that Improves the Attack and Defense of Friendly NPC's and More.
• A Wandering Goblin Merchant for Epic Items
• Hidden Treasure in Unlikely Forms Across the Map
• Commands to Change Your Name, Color, Zoom, and More
• 3 Different Endings
• PVP Arena When You Beat the Game to Determine Who the Most Powerful Champion of Ovarrak is.

Update Log:

- v1.01 -
+Minor bug fixes
+Pathing fixes

- v1.02 -

+Overall balancing of some items
+Increased boss round difficulties
+Added more enemies to some waves
+Fixed Enchanter's Upgrades (Wasn't counting upgrades if done too fast)
+Pathing Fix in 3rd Lane

- v1.03 -

+Better UI to let the players know what's going on through out the game
-Villager deaths
-NPC Upgrades
-Income from the Village
-Boss Rounds
-Beginning of Waves
+New camp behind the Dragon's Cave
+Fixed a pathing issue with Red's lane.
+Much more balancing

- v1.03a -

+Minor text color issue fixed for income message.

- v1.1 -

+1 New item at Smith
+2 New Items at Le Magic Shoppe
+Added 2 new crafting item (Now Mithril Ore and Spider Silk found across the map)
+Added 3 new items to the Dwarf Ranger Merchant
+Added 10 new recipe items and a new recipe shop split up based on Armor or Weapons
+Added some variety with some of the town barrels and balanced the number of unguarded lane barrels
+Added the Dragon Egg Collector High Elf NPC, for your dragon egg needs (Must rescue him)
+Adjusted speed of text at the end of the game
+Balanced item prices and stats
+Elaborated on a few hero descriptions
+Expanded Illusionist's abilities
+Fixed attack types of some mercenaries
+Fixed a bug with the NPC's not all staying to fight at round 20
+Fixed Building Upgrade Limit
+Fixed double text messages
+Fixed Dragon Turtle's devour ability
+Fix a bug with the Dragon Quest Peasant
+Fixed Peasant wander
+Icon changes/additions
+Minor terrain/doodad adjustments and more detail added
+Reduced the number of zombies from 10 to 8 for wave 2
+Renamed Smith and Merchant
+Reorganized all of the item and unit shops based on price and item type
+Tinted Boss names

- v1.11 -

+Added in different modes.
- Easy = Regular Game
- Normal =Armor & Damage Bonus
- Hard =Doubled that Armor & Damage Bonus

+15 unique idols that bestow various bonuses to choose for your hero in the beginning

- Type -idol list to see the list of different idols to choose from
+List of idols in the Quests for a more detailed description of them
+Added glowing effects to all shop keepers to make them stand out more
+Detailed the Evil Dragon's cave more
+Fixed various bugs & tooltips

- v1.12 -

+Various small bug fixes
+Tool tips and UI improved upon
+Added sounds for the start of each round and for special rounds and boss rounds
+Fixed a bug with NPC upgrade system
+When a player is defeated or leaves, their gold goes to gray to be evenly dispersed
+Prevented Corrupted Willow from attacking the town
+Changed the Demon Hunter's Incinerating Bolts ability to a armor reducing DoT ability
+Added more chances for loot to spawn in empty barrels and other enemies

- v1.13e -

+Various small bug fixes and UI improvements
+Added a horn that plays for each wave, and one for each boss round
+Fixed a bug found with the NPC upgrades
+2 new areas to explore
+New quests added
+New items & recipies
+More chances for loot to spawn
+Updated difficulty names
+Added teasers for the 3 new heroes to come out in v1.2
+Sign posts to label areas/shops/quest areas

- v1.14 -

+Fixed the devotion aura ability for Banner of Leadership
+Buffed Leader's Heavy Footman summon
+Fixed all mana pots so that none of them have a cooldown
+Fixed the Angel of Death from being able to devour Ameythx

- v1.14a -

+Minor bug fixes, including the scorched remains aiding in the last round (Thanks Ardenaso!)

Difficulty:

Red can choose the difficulty setting of the game for Normal, Experienced, and Veteran.

Difficulty also depends on the amount of players. So a 1-2 player game won't have the more difficult bosses a 3-4 player game has. Difficulty also increases the more you get done in the game and will effect the ending you may have.

This ensures that more experienced players who are able to clear the map get an ending that matches their level of skill.

Screenshots:

Top View of the village, Ovarrak
full

The Evil Dragon's Cave
full

Outskirts of the Hydra Cave
full

The overrun Dwarf Cave
full

Graveyard
full

Crypt of Tempest
full

The Willow Swamp
full

The Nerubian Cave
full

Bandit Ridge
full

PVP Arena
full

Credits:

Triggers:
Krath

Terrain:

Saken

Unit Editing:

Krath & Saken

Custom Icons:

Shaeam
Pyramidhead
BloodElf300
Valkyron
KingLuis
Murlocologist
Blood Raven
zbc
PeeKay
Mc!

Custom Models:

Bart_Illidan
Elenai
jigrael
Sellenisko
Callahan
Kwalit
WolfmanArc
Pyramidhead
JesusHipster
armel
Afronight_76
General Frank
Tarrasque
UgoUgo
Kitabatake
Debode
HerrDave

Custom Skins:

Just_Spectating
67chrome
Ampharos_222
Daenar7
Cloudwolf
bigapple90
Afronight_76

*If somehow we missed adding you to our credits please let us know so we can correct that.*

Other:

Map Size: 160 x 160
Playable Map Size: 150 x 148
Suggested Players: 1-4
Tileset: Village

Keywords:
World of Strife, Saken, Krath, Hero Defense, Defense, RPG, PVP, Hero Survival, Defense, Hero, Battle, Undead, Undeath, co-op, coop,
Contents

World of Strife: Exodus v1.14a (Map)

Level 7
Nice job getting to the end. You reached the medium difficulty ending. There are three endings depending on which quests you've done and how many undead and villagers remain in the map. If you thought it was too easy, try to play it again and clear the entire map of undead and do every quest. You'll get to the hardest ending: King Lothrim AND his undead dragon. Also, we're in the process of adding different difficulty settings in the next update for people who find it too easy.

As for the arena at the end it doesn't really matter in the story. I just found that everyone who would play would end up fighting one another at the end just to see who's strongest, so I made an arena out of it. You don't HAVE to fight in it, it's just an extra feature for fun.

Anyways thanks for trying the game again I'm glad you enjoyed it! Please, let us know if you have any suggestions or if you've found any more bugs.

hello krath and saken

hey guys, i forgot to suggest one thing, as we told u that we killed the final boss by luring him out and the game ended, while there was the whole enemy battalion behind him alive.....it didnt feel right at alll......i mean we wanted to butcher each and everyone of the remaining enemy troops AAAAAARRRRRGH but first we couldnt do it coz of the enemy king was in the mix....and when hes dead the game finishes....please make it so that we get a chance to kill everyone even after the KING is no more....thanks for the update and i wil try the map once again in a week ....all the bestttt

Level 12
Hey shekhar, thanks for that feedback. I don't think that's ever actually happened to us before during a play through, but we could see how that would be annoying. Krath will work on adding in a condition that all of the enemies for the boss round will have to be killed before it ends.

Level 7
Hey shekhar, thanks for that feedback. I don't think that's ever actually happened to us before during a play through, but we could see how that would be annoying. Krath will work on adding in a condition that all of the enemies for the boss round will have to be killed before it ends.

yes please, thanks a lot

Level 8
We killed the final boss by luring him out and the game ended, while there was the whole enemy battalion behind him alive.....it didnt feel right at alll......i mean we wanted to butcher each and everyone of the remaining enemy troops AAAAAARRRRRGH but first we couldnt do it coz of the enemy king was in the mix....and when hes dead the game finishes....please make it so that we get a chance to kill everyone even after the KING is no more....thanks for the update and i wil try the map once again in a week ....all the bestttt
I had the same problem, otherwise,was good, I didn't find any other bugs.

Level 12
yes please, thanks a lot

With the next update, we will have this implemented along with some more content too hopefully. Can't promise that we will have new heroes added in by our next update due to the other projects we have ongoing, but we're excited to see where the new hero ideas will take us.

I had the same problem, otherwise,was good, I didn't find any other bugs.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming this. We're always super thankful when people find bugs that we weren't able to and we really appreciate that.

Level 7
With the next update, we will have this implemented along with some more content too hopefully. Can't promise that we will have new heroes added in by our next update due to the other projects we have ongoing, but we're excited to see where the new hero ideas will take us.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming this. We're always super thankful when people find bugs that we weren't able to and we really appreciate that.

hey saken, we're not able to play the map yet again...as soon as we get a chance to play we'll load up your map only, and report back the experience...thanks

Level 12
hey saken, we're not able to play the map yet again...as soon as we get a chance to play we'll load up your map only, and report back the experience...thanks

Hey man, sorry to hear that. Hope you've been able to get things back up and running for you guys because we've just released the next update to World of Strife: Exodus. Check the update log for the changes.

Level 7
Hey man, sorry to hear that. Hope you've been able to get things back up and running for you guys because we've just released the next update to World of Strife: Exodus. Check the update log for the changes.

hello friend.....whenever we r able to play we will try ur map....afterall it was a lot of fun when we played it last time....keep up the good work

thank you very much

Level 12
hello friend.....whenever we r able to play we will try ur map....afterall it was a lot of fun when we played it last time....keep up the good work

thank you very much

No rush! I just hope everything's all good with you guys. Take care and just know that we'll keep updating the map. Our next release is planned to include 3 new heroes. But that may not be released until we make some more progress on our other projects.

Level 7
No rush! I just hope everything's all good with you guys. Take care and just know that we'll keep updating the map. Our next release is planned to include 3 new heroes. But that may not be released until we make some more progress on our other projects.

yes yes we are good, we keep playing games all the time...we come back to warcraft3 every time to check out new maps from map....we will play ur map surely as we remember how much fun it was ehehehehee

thanks very much and yes we are looking forward for the updates of course

Level 2
horrible horrible, i picked medium difficulty, on like wave 4 there is a boss with 10k hp or something and 500 chaos damage. are you for real? cmon man seriously. I still had a illusionist on lvl 3 with 400 hp.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

then of course the WEIRD frickin survival system, apparently we had to protect villagers? with 100 hp randomly walking around in the village?

Level 5
Your character should be way higher level than that on the first boss round. Try creeping around the map some more between rounds. And try different items, or towers.

And yes, your villagers are your lives. Read the tutorial.

Level 1
I just finished my long run on Easy (solo) and I must say, what an epic game, congratulations guys, it was an awesome time for me (and a hard one) i read that there are 3 endings, i got to beat an awesome black dragon (loved the sprites btw) was that the best? Also, cheeky invisible umdead minions, i almost lost because of no true sight item (i bought them later) Just wanted to leave my thumbs up and ask you to leave me some hint as to what i'm missing! I found 3 stone accesories, 2 willow's treasures, a buttload of enemies and npc's to rescue (i couldn't see part of the map tho) i didn't see the king (wished i had), just the dragon at the end, is that right? The final mobs were really helpful! I dunno what else to say but thanks for the map! Awesome hero (played as dragon-something) i'm guessing the others are too! I wanted to play this with a full house, should be awesome. Suggestion: change the music from time to time, increasing with the waves. More Heroes (non-human ones?) More hidden stuff! (I love searching for stuff! Hahahahahaha) Possibility of expanding the city and defenses? Maybe? Quests, (like people to actually say something with that yellow exclamation above their heads thay we love so much (no need for cutscenes tho, they would slow the game, and i needed every second the undead would spare me) loved the game! Keep it up!

Level 12
horrible horrible, i picked medium difficulty, on like wave 4 there is a boss with 10k hp or something and 500 chaos damage. are you for real? cmon man seriously. I still had a illusionist on lvl 3 with 400 hp.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

then of course the WEIRD frickin survival system, apparently we had to protect villagers? with 100 hp randomly walking around in the village?

Sorry you felt this way, with my strategy as the Illusionist, I rush to get Titan's Shield or the Royal Armor of the West first, so you and your mirror images can tank damage better. Which also helps getting more done in between waves while you rescue NPC's and more villagers. Also, if you're solo'ing any boss as the Illusionist, you better have some mana regen so you can kite the boss around. They come every five rounds, so it helps to prepare and have health potions ready. Having a scimatar or Hypothermia help out with DPS too.

I just finished my long run on Easy (solo) and I must say, what an epic game, congratulations guys, it was an awesome time for me (and a hard one) i read that there are 3 endings, i got to beat an awesome black dragon (loved the sprites btw) was that the best? Also, cheeky invisible umdead minions, i almost lost because of no true sight item (i bought them later) Just wanted to leave my thumbs up and ask you to leave me some hint as to what i'm missing! I found 3 stone accesories, 2 willow's treasures, a buttload of enemies and npc's to rescue (i couldn't see part of the map tho) i didn't see the king (wished i had), just the dragon at the end, is that right? The final mobs were really helpful! I dunno what else to say but thanks for the map! Awesome hero (played as dragon-something) i'm guessing the others are too! I wanted to play this with a full house, should be awesome. Suggestion: change the music from time to time, increasing with the waves. More Heroes (non-human ones?) More hidden stuff! (I love searching for stuff! Hahahahahaha) Possibility of expanding the city and defenses? Maybe? Quests, (like people to actually say something with that yellow exclamation above their heads thay we love so much (no need for cutscenes tho, they would slow the game, and i needed every second the undead would spare me) loved the game! Keep it up!

Thanks Adoridas!

The hardest ending includes fighting the black dragon and the evil Lord Lothrim himself, but congrats on making it to the end on solo! However, that was the easy ending you got to. You must destroy all of the undeadth through out the entire map to get to one of the hardest ending.

About the true sight, depending on your gold or your strategy, you can always get towers or buy Battle Mages from the tavern, as they have true sight. Congrats on also getting the three jewelry pieces too! As for the Willow's Treasure's, there are 4 through out the map. Approximately 1 per lane. There's also some other secrets hidden around the map.

We appreciate the feedback too. We are in the works on the third game to this series, but are continuously working on adding more and improving what we can. Good news is, we have plans for 3 more heroes to be added to the game, including some non-human ones. One will be a Dwarf, one will be a Troll, and the third is yet to be decided.

Level 12
amazing map but super hard haahha Thxs and Keep updating :D 5/5

Thank you for the feedback Sirmarkis29!

As of right now, we recently lost quite a bit of progress on our update, as Krath's computer crapped out on him and he had to replace his Motherboard and Processor. How ever, we are going to keep pushing forward to finish this update so that we may continue on our other projects that we have in store in the World of Strife series.

Thank you again for the feedback and support!

Edit: Krath's computer is back up and running and we've already began introducing more content to Exodus. There will be many story aspects added to the game and more treasures to find. There have been 4 new quests added in too. The new heroes are under works now and we hope to have another update soon!

RE:Edit:Blizzard has effectively broken our ability to use JNGP to continue this project at this time. If anyone knows a work around it would be greatly appreciated. (The main issue is that Exodus has over 28k doodads/destructibles combined, and the normal editor's limit is like 6-8k.)

RE:RE:Edit:Thanks to new friends and old, we've got our editors back up and running and I've managed to fix a couple more bugs with our latest version and play tested out some more quests and lore items that were added in. The 3 new heroes remain as the last step to finalizing our latest version.

Last edited:
Level 5
We'll look into that first thing. You're saying the item spawns in the lane to defend from the last wave? Also, the Paladin and Heavy Footmen along the middle lane are still there. They must have died during your playthrough.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
You're saying the item spawns in the lane to defend from the last wave?

I meant the scorched remains

Also, the Paladin and Heavy Footmen along the middle lane are still there. They must have died during your playthrough.

I saw A lich necrolyte with three standing mid-tier undead mobs like they were stationed there initially, I never visited that place before I saw them.

Level 12
I meant the scorched remains

We figured out the scorched remains bug and got that fixed. It was marked as a unit within a save-able region, so it brought that over to the end because you had rescued the dwarves.

I saw A lich necrolyte with three standing mid-tier undead mobs like they were stationed there initially, I never visited that place before I saw them.

Just to be clear, you're speaking of this area?

If so, it may of been that you or someone started to go down into that area but turned back after already triggering the enemies to spawn. As well, if you were playing with anyone else and someone right clicked their pack horse to go somewhere on the map, depending where the horse/loot was, it may of passed by and triggered it.

EDIT: I say this because in my very first test when this version was released, the two folks playing with me were still buying items for their recipes and I went and solo'd that area as Cleric and saved all of the footmen and the paladin and war priest.

RE:EDIT: Krath updated the map to include a fix for the scorched remains bug, plus a couple other small things that were found.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-17_13-16-10.png
    upload_2017-10-17_13-16-10.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 12
Lothrim should be able to show up on any difficulty setting. If you make it to the last level with 0 villagers alive, he will show up without his dragon. To have both the dragon and Lothrim come, you would need to defeat all of Lothrim's minions in the map and save all of the NPC's in order for him to show up with the dragon.

Be aware there are a couple areas where there are invisible enemies. As well, this latest version has two new areas to kill (Swamp in middle near Graveyard and the Ogre base in the South lane.)

As a helpful hint, the neutral hostile enemies like murlocs don't have to all be killed. (They just offer more bounty + item drop chances.)

Edit: Also, as a heads up... Krath and I are about to release a new World of Strife game that we have been working on for the last 2+ years. The new map will be called World of Strife: Tribulations and like all of our WoS maps, it will play out differently than the rest. Currently it just needs a few more quality of life improvements and a couple tool tip fixes. As long as our next tests go in our favor, we will release the first public version soon. If you are fans of the Blood Tournament & Holy War games then you'll love Tribulations.

Level 12
Is the level 5 boss buffed? For some reason I can't seem to solo him anymore. Also, is the spearman from the tavern removed?

Krath and I are 99.9% sure we never messed with the boss difficulties or with any of the mercenaries that can be bought from the Red Raven Tavern. I will look into these later though to see if maybe the latest patch messed things up. I'll also see how soon we can release the new version with the 3 new heroes. I think the last hero just needs more testing done.

Also, on a side-note, we are getting ready to release the latest addition to the World of Strife series, the map WoS: Tribulations is almost complete finally and we are hoping to do final bug testing tonight so we can release tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Today I finally got Lothrim out from hiding and defeated him (I actually had to slaughter my own villagers just for this) and to my surprise, he is actually much more easier than the Angel of Death. (But he still Thanos-ed like 80% of the saved troops in just one exploding skill snap).

I finally know what the Ancient Stone artifact does and I don't know what to do with the lodestone and jewels.

So far I only found 3 lore tidbits (love letter from a bandit, Lothrim's orders to pollute the river, and the urn of a farmer) and the rest I don't know yet.

I think there is a bug that causes gold not to generate if the player 1 slot is left empty.

Also, there is another moving scorched remains from the dwarven cave.

Edit: I have also found a possible exploit. Peasants increase villager count by 1, therefore, spamming villagers and hiding them could prevent game over?