• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus City

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an altered melee map with custom creeps all models and textures are from hive workshop thanks to all people who made them they did a brilliant work unlike me i got no modeling skill and bad editing skill as well
- Gameplay features a 1v1 map without race changes however there are special mercenaries able to be hired upgrade first than fight your foe
Credits to Dentothor
67chrome
donut3.5

Keywords:
Energy,creeps,altered melee,custom.
Contents

Exodus City (Map)

Reviews
21:41, 12th May 2013 Orcnet: due to the small description and Hell_Master's review, you can continue this by improving much of the version by redirecting it in the Map Development thread

M

21:41, 12th May 2013
Orcnet: due to the small description and Hell_Master's review, you can continue this by improving much of the version by redirecting it in the Map Development thread

Level 30
Played the map and I must say only the good thing here are the custom models of the creeps and other and after that not much to say. Here is a review from me:

Exodus City Review
[+] Good Points:
-Awesome custom models for creeps and etc........

[-] Bad Points:
-Terrain is quite bad. The terrain is so flat and empty. Not much of a doodads to put in the map and also you only putted some trees and maybe a little amount of trees.
-Map is quite simple. Not much of tactical ways to go and surprise your enemies and attack them.

[] Suggestions:
-Improve your terrain by using Raise/ Lower tools to make different levels in the ground so they will be not flat. Also, put life into your terrain and fill it with some doodads and destructible.
-Put maybe some Waygates that lead to different places and better some tactical ways where you can suprise your enemy wehn attacking them like adding a Waygate that leads to maybe enemies' base and more.
-As what Daffa said, please improve your description. Give some infos and screenshots into it and make a credit list to give thanks to the people who you take their resources and thank them. I suggest use VK's Map Description generator to do the trick
Overall, this is quite a decent melee map but misses a proper decent terrain and also those tactical ways where Players can go and surpise other player like that.... I will rate this 2/5 and voting for Rejection until you improve the map a little and also your description.

But please I am not offneding you in any ways so hope you will not be angry on my low rating.

Level 30
never say its a trash you've done work for it, whether you will accept it or not it will be a reminder of how you manage to build it and improve in the future

Nicely said and I fully agree on you because you know everyone started on low skills in mapping so we are all at the same level at that time.

Your really an inspiration to other mapmaker!:grin:

Level 30
Sometimes i wish i have what you have now you seam all awesome with your maps but who cares for one like me i am just like a drop of water in a ocean

Bro, dont keep on insulting yourself. When I was your level too, I think of that too but because people here tries to help you, you can be a great map maker some day. It just takes some practice.

And when you are creating a map, remember to be inspired on that, you can make a great map.