• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
World Melee (Need Ideas)!!!

Hello, I have an idea about a map I want to make but i want to see if it is a good idea and ideas about races. This map will be huge with contenints where custom races will try to fight over control of the land. Each land will have compleatly skinned and knew characters.I dont know how many teams to include yet but i already have an idea about 3 and got most of their skins down. Alien, Zombie with it's own dead city, and robot/ cyborg. Here is a list of things it will include:(not a full list because i need help thinking of more race and things to add)

-Huge custom continents.
-Most or all custom skinned units and heros.
-triggers,triggers,triggers.
-Please make sujestions about races and other things I could add.
(UPDATE)

Background information of races:
Alien: As many of you already know the aliens are a reptilion species from the movies AVP and the Alien series. In this game the aliens have crashlanded a ship in the Frost Tundra to the North and secured a base there. These evil species try to kill all life by hatching their young in the host's chest which after birth, die.

Zombies: These monstrosities were created when the villigers where exposed to lethal and mutating virus known as Z3. The villigers died but did not stay dead... the virus mutated them and all the creatures in the area now known as the Dead Lands. Their primary base is shituated around the town now known as Dead Town. This is where the virus first sprung up and where the zombie's main base is located.

Cyborg:The cyborg were once living organisms but due to the threat of the Z3 virus they blew a nanite bomb above the land now known as Terras01. These nanites fused with the bloodstream of all the organisms in the secture and grew robot enhancement on them rendering them immune to the Z3 virus.

New Race**
The Advent:The Advent are beings made entirely of crystal and rock. They are native to the world but because of conflict and war these beings are all but wiped out. With the infestation of almost the whole human race the advent have decided that enough is enough and joined the war. They are situated mostly in the Crystal Forests.

The Elementals: The elementals are a classic species in previous games for the use of creeps or summons but in this game they will be their own race. The elementals are an ancient race who lived peacfully with the environment and the world for decades but because of the recent conflict they were forced to fight for survival. The elementals main base is located in the Lands of Shifting Elements.

Ok after this update I think I thought of all the races that I will use. If you think that I should add more please give ideas as to what races to add.

Last edited:
Level 12
So.... sounds like you want to make an epic battle of different races....

Your races sound interesting... but they seem awefully close to my beloved Starcraft Races...
Zerg = Zombie
Alien = Protoss
Robot/cyborg = Teran

I have no problems with this... but... I would like you to make it more like that... if its going to feel like that...

What makes this map special? THemes and the fact its huge?
What triggers are you going to use?
How is each unit going to be different?

Personally I would do it a bit differently then you...

Level 3
Well I had no idea that they SEEMED the same but in truth they are a whole lot different. If you have ever played LOAP Invasion you way know the zombie race from there and LOAP AVP that's where i got the idea for the aliens, all with custom skins of course the robot i just thought of while brousing the skins section. All of these races will have buildings that they will be ale to build and create units from.
Here are the things that make this map special:
-Custom heros units maybe buildings
-custom creeps
-huge world
-If I am able i will make a dungeon for each race for insince the aliens will have the alien temple where the mother alien resides
-Background story (some of which i will include in this post for the species i have thught of)
-Triggers will be mostly in the dungeons IF i can make them, i may need help on them.

Level 12
eh.... Seems generic.....
THough the races seem cute enough.....

WHy not ALien vs Cyborg with the Zombie Race acting as creeps and casting Parasite on units that get too close? and do Canabalism?

ZOmbies don't seem like they would have their own.... well.... buildings....

Level 3
hmm... I will try but my main goal is to make a world with large continents where wpeople will be able to explore and concure diferent regions while fighting each other at the same time.Oh I also added a new race tell me if you like!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.