• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] World Map Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm thinking of creating a world map, similar to the ones which exist in various rpg games for a campaign, I was thinking of modifying various units to serve as vehicles so that the party can maneuver across various terrains, so far I came up with this:

Vehicle: none
can navigate on land, shallow water
cannot traverse cliffs, deep water

Vehicle: ship
can navigate on shallow water, deep water
cannot traverse land, cliffs

Vehicle: glider
can navigate on land, shallow water, deep water
cannot traverse cliffs

vehicle: airship
can navigate over land. shallow water, deep water, cliffs

also I was thinking of something like a tank (siege engine) vehicle which can pass through briar forest which no other vehicle besides the airship can pass, this is basically done by setting the movement type of the unit to amphibious and creating a trench using height>lower in already existent shallow water and covering the trench up with thorns from felwood>environment doodad category

Any additional ideas for vehicles are welcome...

Level 6
yoshi%20dino_002.jpg

Level 13
Pretty cool idea. Perhaps objectives could be based around the construction / raising of funds for buying one of the vehicles, as the vehicle unlocks a new area.

Level 11
It's not that type of glider....it's essentially a vehicle with it's movement type set to amphibious....the name glider is just that...a name.....basically what you got is a vehicle that can travel on both land and sea

Level 10
pathing blockerw can be destroyed in the windy areas once the stronger airship is boarded and can be reanimate once the passengers leave that ship

thats how i would attempt to impement this atleast

Last edited:
Level 10
I have no idea how you would get this done using triggers ive seen it implemented but i believe they were using jass programming to implement the effect

Level 12
How about a tank that can be used to destroy debris that would otherwise block the players path, just think about it, you need this tank to clear various obstructions on land in order for the player to go from one location to a location blocked by something

Vehicle: none
can navigate on land, shallow water
cannot traverse cliffs, deep water

Vehicle: ship
can navigate on shallow water, deep water
cannot traverse land, cliffs

Vehicle: glider
can navigate on land, shallow water, deep water
cannot traverse cliffs

vehicle: airship
can navigate over land. shallow water, deep water, cliffs
None -> Movement : Foot
Ship -> Movement : Float
Glider -> Movement : Amphibious
Airship -> Movement : Fly

Also, try messing with Hover movement, it might be intriguing to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.