• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World In Conflict 1.1

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
History
Year 1989 , Soviet Union falls in to disaster because of its bankrupt and disorganized economy. In atempt to remain in power USSR declares war on the Western World. NATO forces in Europe are being attacked by Warsaw Pact armies. Full scale attack was completely unexpected , Soviets battle their way to France trough West Germany. After the first shock convoys resupplied NATO troops with fresh reinforcements and weaponry. This led to a stalling of the Soviet advance. Several weeks later, the USSR attacks America using disguised cargo ships to deliver their forces and quickly take Seattle by surprise. With much of the Army in Europe fighting alongside NATO allies, the Soviet Union quickly advances through the city and into the Cascade Mountains. US forces manage to regroup and reorganize themselves in the Cascade Mountains in a desperate bid to stop advancing Soviet forces...

Gameplay
Action is placed in small American town and area around it.
Mix of ideas form WiC and C&C. Goal is to dominate the region and control at least 8 Targets for 3 minutes. Each targets generates income for whole team. There are few special Targets with diffrent bonuses for team:
-Hospital gives regeneration aura for infantry.
-Radio Building gives bonus attack for all units.
-Airport gives ability of free paradrop anywhere on the map.

Units are orderd in hero based menu , and deliverd with next Income. Income is amount of your Teams control points divided by number of palyers in team.
General( hero) doesnt fight , can only use powers-skills on the map and gather experience.

Credits
-Illidan(Evil)X
-Mechanical_Man
-WILLTHEALLMIGHTY
-Skarb
-Punisher-X

Update:
Beta 0.8c
-added Tactical Nuke
-some minor fixes
Beta 0.8d
-fixed Aircrafts strange glows
-Balance changes
-Now you need to hold domination for 6 minutes to win.
Beta 0.8e
-balance changes
-bug fixes
-ordering system now works properly
Beta 0.87
-fixes
-added apache
-added ARVs
Beta 0.9
-fatal error fix caused by sky control
-added M113, M113 ambulance and M163 VADS
-more fixes
Beta 0.91
-added T-72
-bug fixes
Beta 0.99
-added :
-carpet bombing
-light Airstrike
-paradrops
-CP defences system
===Beta 2============
-New Ordering System
Now you can set drop zone of your units near any controled CP
-New units: Grad, Sa-13 Gopher, UH-60, Mi-8 and M60a3
-New Terrain
-Diffrent Locations
-Reskined M1 Abrams
-balance chanages
-Shortcuts fixes
-other minor improvements
=Ver 1.0=
-fixed bugs
-Ver 1.1=
-fixed new units bug
=======================

As my old maps were stolen i decided to protect this. If you have any questions PM me.
Contents

World In Conflict 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. I can't speak highly enough about this map. This is the picture perfect example of how to use imported material, create themes and manipulate the editor to create a truly unique map. Large battles, intense play if with a full...
Level 2
Победа в войне товарищей! Запад не добьется успеха в отношении нашей славной марш!

Yes. That's Русский. (Russian)
And yes. I'm fluent. И да, я свободно.

Level 2
The game is fun. But it has a steep learning curve.
New player probably don't understand our
instructions and we are able to beat the game
quickly. Perhaps you can scale down the difficulty
at understanding and maybe more user friendly?

Level 25
Really good map but AI support would be nice. I want to play a modern warfare map with AI support.
Buying units would be hard for standard Warcraft AI but you could auto spawn some units depending on the difficulty and send them to the different capture points.

It would be nice to have air planes and ships as regular units too.

The map has really nice features like capturing buildings, the key positions, the support from the commander etc.
You gave all units really fitting abilities.

Note sure about balancing since I wanted to play with AI.