• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello.

I am having issues with starting my Warcraft III map editor. I am using 1.31.1 and I got this version from a different portal on Hive. Every time I attempt to open my editor I receive a error code to submit to Blizzard. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_99.png
    Screenshot_99.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_100.png
    Screenshot_100.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_101.png
    Screenshot_101.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_102.png
    Screenshot_102.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 22
Level 29
I am having issues with starting my Warcraft III map editor. I am using 1.31.1 and I got this version from a different portal on Hive. Every time I attempt to open my editor I receive a error code to submit to Blizzard. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!
This is because you are previously left some registries that are related to Warcraft III, especially if you are using Reforged's World Editor.
Open Regedit, locate "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\". Delete all keys there (including "Warcraft III" and "WorldEdit" ones).
Btw, why you are using 1.31.1? This version is extremely unstable due to the black screen issue and lots of bugs. Also, the Editor tends to crash when you opened the map.

Level 1
This is because you are previously left some registries that are related to Warcraft III, especially if you are using Reforged's World Editor.
Open Regedit, locate "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\". Delete all keys there (including "Warcraft III" and "WorldEdit" ones).
Btw, why you are using 1.31.1? This version is extremely unstable due to the black screen issue and lots of bugs. Also, the Editor tends to crash when you opened the map.
It's really the only version I could get my hands on. Is there a better patch that is accessible as this?

Level 29
It's really the only version I could get my hands on. Is there a better patch that is accessible as this?
I'm pointing out that versions higher than 1.27 can break some custom campaigns and maps, even though they are required for custom campaigns.
But you can try a better versions of Warcraft 3 by using a link that guy above posted (a valid CD-Keys is required to install and play the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.