• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WORLD EDITOR Unlimited??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Right now I'm am using world editor unlimited because it allows me to have more tilesets and get rid of doodad limit. However when i try and get rid of doodad limit, the program crashes on me. Help! Is there another program thats easy to use that will fix this problem?? I have had this problem before but I don't know how to use Jass.:sad:

Level 8
Yeah, but isn't the point of getting rid of the doodad limit is so you can place a huge number of doodads on the map (or something else?)? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but a huge map doesn't nesceceraly require a huge amount of doodad...

Level 10
Yes but I want it to be very detailed and I need ALOT of trees/rocks and stuff. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've got 1/4 of map done and I've reach max doodads

Level 10
If only I could use Jass... I just don't know how... Kinda new to all this stuff.

------------ typing on itouch is hell ------------

Jass have nothing to do with the doodad limit...
Sec...I'll check something out

Edit:
Dunno open WEU Enhancer.open map and tick D:
we stuff.jpg

Level 17
Oke a few things;

Don't use WEU, it will destroy your map by; increasing size, more crashes, higher chance of corruption.
Also don't spam doodads, the limit is there so that the WC3 Engine can handle the game, it has nothing to do if you have a 1337 uber pc, the game engine might lag or even crash.
The size of your map might also become to big, same goes for multiple tiles. Avoid using those things, it wont make your map more pro if you think that.

Have a nice day
~Airandius

P.S. WEU Sucks, if you must use third party tools use JassNewGen.

Level 8
Airandius said:
Yes it does, if you knew something about how bad WEU is.

Hehe, if I didn't know, who else would?
Anyway multiple tiles are not a feature specific to WEU. Zepir's and NewGen have them too and vanilla WE can handle them just as well.

Airandius said:
Anyway, more tiles equal more space.

Every map has 16 slots for the tiles. Whether all of them are used or not doesn't change how much space it uses in any way. Let me refer you to the file specs posted here for further reference (it is the war3map.w3e file in case you didn't know).

Airandius said:
Also combining tiles that were not made to combine might give errors in the terrain. Making the terrain look very crappy.

All tiles in the game are compatible by their very nature.

Conclusion

Stop pretending like you know anything about the inner workings of wc3,
especially when your claims are obviously based on just assumptions.

Level 17
PitzerMike stop trying to make me flame you, this discussion is over and 90% of the hive agrees with me anyway.

Turmi8 don't use WEU please, for the love of good maps.
Use either the regular WE or JassNewGen.
Just believe me and the other 90% of the hives users.

And it's not that hard to make maps with the limitations, it just requires skill and in the end your map will be way better then all those other loser mapmakers that use WEU to spam doodads and use more tiles then they should. =)

Level 8
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my earlier statements.
I know that WEU is shit and that it shouldn't be used, that's why i keep telling people that (see my first post in this thread).
I also know that exceeding the doodad limit is bad for the performance of a map (see my first post in this thread).

I was just pointing out that you were wrong about multiple tiles.
They do not make your map bigger nor do they affect the performance of the map in any way nor cause other problems. Anyone saying different is wrong, which the link I posted earlier proofs.

Now please stop sending me PMs in the name of 90% of the Hive's users. Some of them might feel offended. ;)

Level 7
WEU as clearly stated above severly lowers the quality of your map. Some things it does are: increases file size, increases game crashing tendensies, may create corruption making your map unplayable , may ruin tileset data. If you are willing to outweigh these risks with pros then by all means use WEU but is it really worth it? After all, everything that can be done in WEU can be done in the world editor through a little bit more patience. All WEU does is hand feeds it to you making it easier to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.