• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editor testing not in Nativefullscr and Direct3d9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am at 1.31.1 World Editor when i test a map wc3 is in default mode no (-windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9) so its laggy.
But it is fine when launch through the shortcut though.
World editor cannot run the game with the command line since it comes from the raw warcraft3.exe

Is there a settings somewhere or a config file to just add -windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9? Thanks for your help

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Generally Warcraft III should perform better in D3D11 mode than D3D9 on modern hardware and operating systems. It is my understanding the D3D9 mode was left in there temporarily while the D3D11 mode was finished/polished before being removed entirely like it has been from other Blizzard games which only offer D3D11 or newer backends. Of course due to development hell problems it would appear such progress has stalled so maybe the D3D11 backend is still buggy or the D3D9 backend has just been left in because no one has removed it yet.

At some stage I found deleting the Warcraft III settings registry entry solved my graphic performance problems. However this was before they migrated away from using the registry to store settings.

Level 19
Is there a settings somewhere or a config file to just add -windowmode fullscreen -graphicsapi Direct3D9? Thanks for your help
For me both DirectX are slow and OpenGL is fast. The below are the built-in default settings switches:
WorldEditor -> (top left) File > Preferences... > (tab) Test Map > Window Mode: Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen / Fullscreen

To set a graphics API, we can exploit the trick that WorldEdit has no input validation for name: same window as above, "Player Profile":
Code:
WorldEdit -graphicsapi OpenGL
Turns to and starts the game with these options:
Code:
... -testmapprofile WorldEdit -graphicsapi OpenGL ...
If I wanted to underline my own importance, I would call it a security vulnerability: no validation of user input.

Status
Not open for further replies.