• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WE ref freeze (linux)

Level 1
Hello! Im using debian 12. My inxi -Fxz: System: Kernel: 6.1.0-18-amd64 arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 12.2.0 - Pastebin.com
World Editor hangs when dragging the camera. I use Lutris and wine-ge-8-26-x86_64.
Here is the entire program log - Started initial process 83400 from /home/pavlo/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/ - Pastebin.com
it seems to be a problem with dxvk, because it doesn't hang because of wine3d, but the interface breaks

And there is another question. Is it possible to run the editor through OpenGL? because -opengl -graphicsapi Opengl -graphicsapi opengl did not work

What's the trouble? I'm really cornered and don't know what to do...
Help please

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello,
I'm having the exact same issue as you, either dragging the camera or scrolling out freezes the world editor.
I'm using steam's proton implementation.

I haven't been able to find a proper solution, however, it looks like switching to Wayland for some reason makes it so that the editor doesn't freeze.
On the other hand, the game is completely unplayable if you switch to Wayland, I'm getting like 1-2 frames per seconds when I normally have no frame issues using X.

I'm still looking for some solutions, I'll post here if I find something.