• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi
im really new to the whole world editor thing, and got a couple of questions that i guess lots of you can answer for me ^^

1. How do i make start locations without the castle and units next to it?

2. i have created 2 "Forces", but how do i make it so ppl cant change races, and so that the computer played races are really computers, as it is now players can take the computer spots. (i hope you know what i mean, im not really good at explaining)

3. about portrait models, i have read that u shall import then to
Art - Model File - Portrait, but i cant find that line, doesn't seem to have it.

4. more model questions, i still dont quite understand how to do with them, i have read somewhere that u shall put them in a Units map in the wc3 folder, but i dont have any Units map, so dont quite know what do to there either.

5. the final question for now: is there any command to give all ppl who is in the game one unit, or do u have to add them all seperatly? right now i have like this.

Event:
Map initialization.

Conditions:
None

Actions:
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of P1) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of P2) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of P3) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 4 (Purple) at (Center of P4) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of P5) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of P6) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of P7) <gen>
Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 8 (Ping) at (Center of P8) <gen>

ye, i know, kinda noobish questions, but as i said, im really new to this, would appriciate if anyone could help me with these, have checked around on tutorials, but cant find anything about this.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

Ok this post is some older, but I notice that no one answer to this, so I will do this ( because everyone should get help here! )

1) When you create a map, you have one initialization trigger. In this trigger there is the part: "Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)" <-- delete this ( actually you can delete every action there )

2) For everything like this, go to the normal editor [Terrain Editor (F3)], click on Scenario and then on Player Properties. In this new window you can set something like this..

3 and 4) Sorry but somehow I don't understand this:

5) Ok this is a little difficult, if you say you are new to this scene, but I think you get it ^^:
  • TestTrig245
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Player[1] = Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Player[2] = Player 2 (Blue)
      • Set Player[3] = Player 3 (Teal)
      • Set Player[4] = Player 4 (Purple)
      • Set Player[5] = Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Player[6] = Player 6 (Orange)
      • Set Player[7] = Player 7 (Green)
      • Set Player[8] = Player 8 (Pink)
      • Set TempLoc = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player[(Integer A)] controller) Equal to User
              • (Player[(Integer A)] slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player[(Integer A)] at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
Player = Is a -Player- variable, WITH array ( amount of array = players )
TempLoc = Is a -point- variable WITHOUT array

Anyhow, there are no noobish question here! I remember when I started with the editor, I didn't know anything, so asking is the best way to understand it!!

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Level 5
5) Ok this is a little difficult, if you say you are new to this scene, but I think you get it ^^:
  • TestTrig245
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Player[1] = Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Player[2] = Player 2 (Blue)
      • Set Player[3] = Player 3 (Teal)
      • Set Player[4] = Player 4 (Purple)
      • Set Player[5] = Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Player[6] = Player 6 (Orange)
      • Set Player[7] = Player 7 (Green)
      • Set Player[8] = Player 8 (Pink)
      • Set TempLoc = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player[(Integer A)] controller) Equal to User
              • (Player[(Integer A)] slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player[(Integer A)] at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
Player = Is a -Player- variable, WITH array ( amount of array = players )
TempLoc = Is a -point- variable WITHOUT array

The lazy way to do 5) is this:

• Event
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick Every player in (all players) and do actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Picked Player) at ((Picked Player) Start Location)
it only works if you set the start location (that weird spinning circle thing they have in world editor) where you want it to go though, but if you have a main base or something, it's a lot easier to do.

xD

Too lazy to fix leaks, and don't use this system if you're using it for more things.

Last edited:
Level 16
Moin moin =)

@VestriDeus: Actually yes and no: First your way leak a location. Second you don't check the conditions if there any player unused or something. Third: Na I don't know his/her map. But if it's a complex one, it's always the best way to store any player in a variable for later use =)

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Status
Not open for further replies.