• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor in the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
To me it seems like Blizzard is not going to add new patches to the World Editor and Battle.net so does this mean after a while Warcraft III is going to die?

Also is it possible to go in the World Editor's langue and actually change stuff inside it?

PS: With the B.net are they going to do what they did with World of Warcraft and Starcraft II?

Level 5
No patches will be added most likely, because blizzard hates wc3 because all it does is take time away from their precious editing and fixing WoW and SCII

What do you mean?

Most likely no. SCII Will be edited to fit bnet features...basically integrating bnet into bnet 2.0.

Level 8
First, guess this should be in Off Topic.

I only hope that blizzard finish hastables :(

Well, starcraft lived for long 12 years, just hope warcraft 3 does the same untill we got wc4 .-.

Level 8
I hate SC2... Because i do really hate aliens and such in a game. It's overrated. Damn it! I'm going to stay with WC3 until WC4 comes! There's nothing else than the WC3 World Editor game for me.

I'm with you. Long live fucken Warcraft 3!

SC2 campaign is divided in 3 games. What The Fuck?! Money...

=(

Level 8
The hell, WC4 probably is not going to run on my pc anyway =(

This should be moved to Off-Topic, would be great and hot thread lol

Level 16
don't double post lol, use the edit button,
anyways, there is never going to be any Wc4
since there is WoW which continues the story of Wc3...

anyways, i like Wc3, and its simple world editor! :D

those Sc2 units will never fits in the mini games in wc3 lol :D :D
i really love playing those.

Level 26
Not all do think that Wc3 will die. Some have also the opinion that it will be purged from hackers and other bad guys since those will move to Sc2. This way, a healthy core would crystalize.

As for Bnet 2.0, some voluntary co-worker that always helps in the Battle.net Tech Support Forum mentioned multiple times that Blizz planned to have Bnet 2.0 include the legacy games and Wc2BN and Diablo 1 but probably these titles would only run on the servers and none of the new features would be added.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=26262926155&postId=262602230828#8

Level 16
nyways,for your information, blizz does not develop WE,its another group payed by blizz to work for them under blizz's name.,the group has fallen,and now,blizz can only do fixes,and will not add any other features of WE.coz the WE developer has now be disbanded.

That's the newest news on WE that I got.

Level 11
I agree with soulburn and tjordell. I don't like theese aliens and such thing.. I like more swords, axes, flesh. Yeah you know what i mean metal vs metal. And everyone is talking about Wc4 here. Will it even be a Wc4? or is this just a myth?

I really hope that Wc4 Comes out :D

Level 8
If i recall well in 2008 some blizzard guy said at Blizzcon that they were indeed planning to make a sequel to wc3.

Level 11
I checked the page out. And wow.. Who are theese guys anyway. It looks great. but if this isn't going to be made by blizzard then it wont be the same thing. The same based story-line. A little sad tho.

I checked the page out. And wow.. Who are theese guys anyway. It looks great. but if this isn't going to be made by blizzard then it wont be the same thing. The same based story-line. A little sad tho.

Lol, that's actually a mod group making their take on Wc4 in Sc2 lead by TWIF, it's not actually another gaming company that's been given the project. To be clear that's a Sc2 map, not a complete new Wc4.

http://worldcraft.hordestudio.com/social/home.php

Here's the forums for the site, though atm progress is a bit slow
(I'm producing the music for the game).

Level 29
I hate SC2... Because i do really hate aliens and such in a game. It's overrated. Damn it! I'm going to stay with WC3 until WC4 comes! There's nothing else than the WC3 World Editor game for me.

i believe theres no WC4 coming, if it comes, maybe it sucks like age of empires 3, but i love WC3 and im staying forever!

i hope hiveworkshop will not discontinue their warcraft 3 support

Level 29
I agree with soulburn and tjordell. I don't like theese aliens and such thing.. I like more swords, axes, flesh. Yeah you know what i mean metal vs metal. And everyone is talking about Wc4 here. Will it even be a Wc4? or is this just a myth?

I really hope that Wc4 Comes out :D

WC4 is a myth, only a custom map/campaign is coming, even so it's real then it will be suck like age of empires 3

Level 11
Blizzard always make good games. Others are awesome good some are less good. But this isn't even from blizzard just the blizzards guys. So if I should buy this game then a hell lot of recommendations are needed.

Level 8
Considering SC2 maybe when blizzard realizes they shouldn't have spread the campaign in 3 games and other shit WC4 will be released just as WC3.

At least i hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.