• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Language - Object editor still not in enUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Like everybody who is still playing TFT (not Reforged), I switched from old patch 1.31 to 1.32. With the new way Warcraft III & World Editor launch (from Bnet launcher), it reverted to French on my computer (because this is my OS language).

So I tried to change to enUS again, by editing my Bnet language parameters & registery keys. I followed this procedure:
- How-to : change game and world editor language
- I also changed the registery keys HKEY_LOCAL_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Battle.net/Launch Options/W3 -> LOCAL & LOCAL_AUDIO.
- In the Battle.net launcher, in Blizzard > settings -> I changed "Battle.net language" to enUS

As you can see in the screenshot: almost everything is in english. But not the object names, icon names, etc...

Can anybody help me understand why & how to fix that please ?

Attachments

• screenshotlanguage.png
    screenshotlanguage.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 64
Level 4
Just in case if someone still has this trouble and for some reason doesn't want trash such as blizzard launcher on his PC..
similar to instruction here, open the blizzard folder
create 'Classic Launcher' folder
create 'w3' folder in the previously created folder
create two strings in w3 folder - 'Locale' and 'Region'
set 'Locale' to enUs and 'Region' to EU or whatever.
start war3, have fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.