• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

world editor/doing models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey people!!! i'm a new man in the warcraft world, and I love to do maps in the world editor(you've got very good models in here!!). going to the subject, i've got the wc3 image extractor II, but I can't do anything in there! whats it for? and how do you make the models? I'd love to do some! what's the program?

Ps: i'm portuguese, and i'm using my best english in here, but if I say something strange, just tell me... :wink:

Level 8
modeling.. is not easy. DONT TRY IT. you need 3d studi max milkeshape gmax or something else. youll also need photoshop or paintshop pro for skinning it on custom u.v. maps which take a long time to make. AND LEARN THE MEANING OF CONTESTS

BTW: image extracter is horrible for getting skins, and cant get models, so your not modeling when you get things out of image extracter (USE WARCARFT3 VEIWER)

Level 10
Image Extractor is for exporting warcraft skins, that u can edit them(Skins are basic the aspect off all units , and u can edit them from recolor to adding weapons or armor)
With image extractor u can edit also icons if u have a program like Pohotshop ,Photoimpact etc..
For exporting and viewing models get Warcraft Viwer from tools sections, but u can't edit models with this tool.
I hope i helped you!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
well im also portuguese and i have 11 years old AND i have good english :D (dont talk portuguese here cause its forbiden). Also, you can do skins man. there are hidden models that i will post in this forum soon and many models in war3. its better if you just do skins cause its much easier and u need more programs to modelling. Anyway if you want to make good models i will not say that it is wrong because modelling might be harder but cooler for some people. And ill also try to make models (im dealing with icons right now :p).

Level 1
well, thanks... I have photoshop, but what program do you use to make the models?! MAKE!!! it really sounds dificult, but i'd like to try!

:, Why it is forbidden to talk portuguese here? :?

Level 10
Ok programs for modeling:
1.GMax
2.3DsMax4 or 5(this program its hard to find, this versions i mean)with the add-on warcraft art tools which u can get it from this site
3.Wings 3D( i am not sure)
All that it counts its u must get MDX Importer/Exporter for specific program that u will use
Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.