• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Crashes when editing game constants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Has anyone else had this happen after the update? I can't edit the damage balancing in the game constants without the editor crashing. I tried reinstalling and deleting documents folder still happening
Screenshot 2022-09-08 103655.png
As soon as I hit enter whether I change the value or not the editor crashes. Also this is a completely blank map but I've tried a few custom maps of mine all with the same result. Have also tried in SD assets and HD assets. If no one knows why this is suddenly happening after the update, maybe show me a way to edit the constants without going to this menu? plz? lol Thanks either way.
Screenshot 2022-09-08 103733.png

a way to edit the constants without going to this menu
It's really annoying, are you sure you want to know?

You have to save the map as a folder with the save as dialog, then open the folder in windows and find or create the file "war3mapMisc.txt" and then put the damage table values in there based on their code names. You can find the code names by pressing CTRL+D or choosing display as raw data in that window you had before it crashes... assuming the display as raw data even still works.
Otherwise, if the editor won't tell you the data names, you could just find the original values in a game data browser located at war3.w3mod/units/miscdata.txt and that will probably have the game wide value in there, so you could just copy that same thing into "war3mapMisc.txt" as a template to start editing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.