• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] World Editor crash during loading doodads or units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I knew there are a lot of people ask or solved this problem,and i try many ways to fix it include install the 1.32.10 version or older or the other ways,it all not work,and theoretically it should't happened on my world editor,i never use the Reforged editor to edit my map,and the previous version's problem never influence me, but this time it happened,and tortuned me almost 3 months.
This problem only happened after i update 1.33, i remember i opened it normally before that day.
If you help me to solve this problem,i am very grateful for your helpness.

There is some information you should know:
1.Its the world editor i was using and work with a 1.24~1.27 wc3.
2.The map once successfully opened on a PC (My friend's PC) that never install reforged (But i try to delete reforged or reinstall my PC system it still not work),
so i can sure the doodads and unit's models are not wrong or broken.
3.But when i try to opened it on the newest reforged editor,it not crash during loading doodads or units instead it normally crash when loading triggers (I call it "normally" because the codes i using the reforged editor can't recognize)

Here is an early version of my map,it has the same situation with the newest version.

Last edited:
Level 29
Since you are using the game version 1.33, the problem is pretty obvious. You might encounter lots of bugs when you attempt to open the older maps with Editor. Even Vendro (Retera) had already investigated this kind of issue and he saw the weird texture colors on some units (probably caused by the issue relating to model saved on DDS format).
You might check out the following threads to notify the actual solution:

Level 7
Since you are using the game version 1.33, the problem is pretty obvious. You might encounter lots of bugs when you attempt to open the older maps with Editor. Even Vendro (Retera) had already investigated this kind of issue and he saw the weird texture colors on some units (probably caused by the issue relating to model saved on DDS format).
You might check out the following threads to notify the actual solution:
Actually i just play on 1.33,i mean i made map on an older WE, but play on 1.33,actual my WE can launch without reforged(1.33), so i am very confusion when i met this problem,i once try the thread said,install the 1.32.10.18820 version still not work.😭

Status
Not open for further replies.