• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World editor coding tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Has the world editor been updated to be more user friendly when it comes to coding in lua yet? Im talking about things like auto complete/color highlighting syntax. I saw there were many great utilities/plugins or even entirely new third party editors out there before reforged came around but sadly they were no longer usable when I last checked.

Level 3
I don't think anyone codes inside the actual editor, but you can code in something like VSCode and have access to intellisense/syntax stuff.

Lua VSCode Integration

The only downside of using Lua is the lack of a debugger, but I personally don't mind this as I've learned a lot from having to debug things myself.

Yeah I use VSCode too I just wondered if there have been any improvements since my last try or if there are some efforts to make world edit less shitty. Like being able to convert GUI into custom script written in jass is handy for someone who has no experience with jass and the built in functions. But when I switch map to lua it cannot convert anymore. Cant have two world editors open at the same time either and switching between jass and lua maps crashes it for some reason. Its been bit of a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.