Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor camera problem

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by HerrDave, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    For some reason, my camera/view is floating about .500 above the normal level.

When I zoom all the way in - it stops at about the middle of a lordaeron tree's height.

When I swap from Doodads/terrain/units/region to camera - it fixes itself, but only so long as I am in that tab.

While it is not a massive inconveniance, it has happened to me on a few maps and I have no idea why.

If you have any suggestions on how to fix this, I'd be thrilled to hear from you.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There might be a hidden raised water mesh below the camera area. The camera ground offset is computed from the maximum of ground and water meshes, even if the water mesh is not visible. This can happen if terrain is lowered below the starting ground level under some conditions. The camera does not seem to follow ground levels properly for very low elevations below normal level if I recall correctly.

One should be able to manually adjust the camera Z offset using some hotkey, I am not sure as I may be confusing commands with SC2E.