• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wisp gathering a wood resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I look at the wisp worker of the night elf race when they gather wood resources, they stick themselves to the trees and they don't hurt them. My question is how can I make the wisp not to stick themselves to a tree when gathering wood, but still able to gather wood resources instantly (without returning to their townhall ) and the effect attachment to the tree will still be there. The wisp should stand near the tree, not stick to the tree and will do a stand lumber animation.

Level 3
If I were in your case, maybe you should make a custom unit other than the wisp (let's say a peasant) and change its model file to wisp. Supposedly, it will make an animation when it's repairing a building(the one that it's glowing or something) but actually gathering lumber from trees. Well, that's my opinion.

Trust me, I'm a Prinny ^_^7

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

the effect attachment to the tree will still be there. The wisp should stand near the tree

Aren't these two requirements counterparts ?

Or do you mean there will be a wisp near the tree AND an effect of a harvesting wisp to the tree ?

Level 13
Aren't these two requirements counterparts ?

Or do you mean there will be a wisp near the tree AND an effect of a harvesting wisp to the tree ?

Yes and also the wisp will instantly gather some woods without hurting the tree and without returning to the townhall or any buildings, its still like the normal wisp gather wood. But the only thing I want to change is that the wisp wont stick themselves to the tree.

Level 13
Yeah I guess its hard corded, changing the model doesn't do anything. I tried to use the peasant but he stick himself to the tree hahaha.... tnx for trying guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.