• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Wisp gather tree effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok so as odd as it sounds I had a dream that gave me an idea. Is there away to take the endless lumber harvest of the wisp and make it work for the gold mine? I am going about seeing if I can have all the raises have the power to infinite wood and gold. So far my warzone map is done but this is always my failed point having the means to infinitely harvest stuff.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
The Harvest abilities have a field called "Damage to tree", you can Set that to 0.

You can also Periodically restore the amount of gold in your Gold Mines or give them a huge amount of starting Gold:

But you'd probably have to trigger everything yourself if you wanted to mine from a Gold Mine without subtracting resources from it. That may be a bit of a challenge to do because there's no Event for detecting when a Gold Mine has been mined from as far as I know. If there is, you could adjust the Gold of the Gold Mine in response to it being mined.

A unit from your race gathers gold from a mine -> Set gold of mine to gold of mine + 10 (add back the gold taken).

Last edited:
Level 6
The Harvest abilities have a field called "Damage to tree", set that to 0.

Then you can Periodically restore the amount of gold in your Gold Mines or give them a huge amount of starting Gold:

If you wanted the Wisp Gather ability to work on Gold Mines so that it doesn't subtract from the Gold Mine you'd probably have to trigger everything yourself. This won't be so easy.

that is good to know with the tree damage. I might be able to set the other workers from the other groups to do the same. As for the gold mine restoring I could use that.

Level 6
The Harvest abilities have a field called "Damage to tree", you can Set that to 0.

You can also Periodically restore the amount of gold in your Gold Mines or give them a huge amount of starting Gold:

But you'd probably have to trigger everything yourself if you wanted to mine from a Gold Mine without subtracting resources from it. That may be a bit of a challenge to do because there's no Event for detecting when a Gold Mine has been mined from as far as I know. If there is, you could adjust the Gold of the Gold Mine in response to it being mined.

A unit from your race gathers gold from a mine -> Set gold of mine to gold of mine + 10 (add back the gold taken).

So I tried to follow those guides and I just can't make it work. It seems to only want to at best make all the mines add gold to them 1 time and after a crash of the editor I can't even make it do that again only add gold to one of them once. Is there a map download with this trigger on this site you know of?

Level 4
Inifnite things is pretty simple one thing as Uncle said is to give gold mines 9999999 until it doesnt fit anymore. the other thing i had in mind is if you give trees xxxx health they might not die as fast or regrow them with a trigger or just do what uncle said and put damage to them to 0 everything works.

Level 19
Have you tried this?

• Gold Mine Init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Gold Mine))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet GoldMineIndex = (GoldMineIndex + 1)
          • Set VariableSet GoldMine[GoldMineIndex] = (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
  • Gold Mine Infinite
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer GoldMineL) from 1 to GoldMineIndex, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Neutral Building - Set GoldMine[GoldMineL] to 10000 gold

Status
Not open for further replies.