• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wire Wardens 0.19

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
wwpic.jpg

Features:
* A fast paced arena mini-game for 4-8 players, inspired by Pudge Wars. Using blink and your wires, hook your enemies over the spikes to kill them First to 40 kills wins!
* Randomly cycles through 9 arenas to spice up gameplay.
* Only takes about 10-15 minutes.
* Negligible map size.
* Runs smoothly with minimal lag.

Shortfalls:
* Gameplay doesn't progress; it's just who gets to 40 kills first.
* There is an uncommon bug in PORTALS which will break the game. If I get a replay of it, that'd help.
* Not a map I'm going to spend much time supporting/updating.
* Not polished, doesn't have modes/etc.

Notes:
This is just a small game I coded for fun, because the mechanics behind Tossrock's Pudge Wars hook interested me and I wanted to try replicating it as an exercise. Wire Wardens was the result, and I figured I'd share it.

I am happy to share the open-source edition of this map for anyone who would like to learn/work with it: just PM me.

Keywords:
Pudge, Wars, Hook, Wire, Warden, Wardens, Softmints, Arena, Mini, Game
Contents

Wire Wardens 0.19 (Map)

Reviews
18:47, 1st Sep 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 30
could you explain more about your description? tell us more about the gameplay, its features, commands, screenshots, and not at least, the credits for your map

by using these BB codes for coding stuffs, and following this Template tutorial for you to not just to give a proper information, but attract viewers as well :)

Level 7
Official Basic Review of V3H -

Terrain 3/10 - Pretty basic.
Concept & Idea 3/10 - Too similar to pudge and its famous map.
Triggers 6/10 - Seem efficient
Object Data 3/10 - Not a good amount.
Overall Map Data 4/10 - Not too bad of placement and stuff
Estimated effort spent into this 4/10 - Doesn't seem like you worked that hard on it.
Playability & Improveable 7/10 - It isn't bad for a few rounds of it.

Overall Mark - 30/70

Any questions about the review, just ask and I will answer.

Suggestions -
Make more arena's
Add different modes?
Make more units to choose from.
Maybe ability to level up your spell/attack
Items?
More objects
Should put more work into this