• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP troll town hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Someone asked me where this project is going. I've been thinking at a Tier 3 appearance that resembles a little more the other two, I've been manually optimizing several meshes to reduce the polycount to a tolerable amount, and I'm currently assembling the final model.

(yes, i tried many solutions and I think I cannot find a better wrap than the current one, even if it is not very good in many places)

Here's the new look of the last upgrade
TrollTownHallNew3.jpg

Level 30
Someone asked me where this project is going. I've been thinking at a Tier 3 appearance that resembles a little more the other two, I've been manually optimizing several meshes to reduce the polycount to a tolerable amount, and I'm currently assembling the final model.

(yes, i tried many solutions and I think I cannot find a better wrap than the current one, even if it is not very good in many places)

Here's the new look of the last upgradeView attachment 273622

It look's good. It is very detailed and look's very trollish.

You, my boy, are going to make many Hive-Members very happy and possible drool with this building.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

Here's the new look of the last upgradeView attachment 273622
Holy cow... That is seriously detailed & interesting. I see you've tried the "logs-in-temple" alternative.

Level 14
Is this going to be released for public, or is a Kirby0's exclusive? (everytime i see a troll related model i have to ask that XD)
Although there are several troll buildings, there is a lack of buildings that carry the same style as this town hall. I think that just one town hall is of limited use when it's alone.
I intend on making a minimal set of buildings of the same style to go with this one and finally release a usable package for trolls.
I wish that anyone can benefit from the troll race buildings for campaigns, custom melee races and such, so I intend on releasing the package publicly when it's done.

I may or may not choose to include buldings made by others at some point; depending on the usage/mod conditions set by other authors and possibly on the result of personal discussions with them.

I am inclined to hear out anyone who would like to contribute, preferably contact me by PM or if it's something public I invite to reply on this thread.

Level 14
After assembling the very large number of geosets of the three stages into one single model, I notice with pleasure that the manual optimization of every geoset, and the maximization of the potential re-utilization of some meshes for multiple tiers, have yielded good results. The complete model counts around 7200 vertices in total. This means that there are some thousands of vertices that have been freed to be used as decorations and enriching features :) (compare with a similar 3-tiered model: High Elf Sanctuary)

Status
Not open for further replies.