• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] WIP Name: Creep Land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

Creep Land!
Created by DatBoi

Map Info

This altered melee map consists of 12 players picking creep races and destroying eachother with them.

This map also uses my terrain generator, which can be found here: DatBoi's Terrain Generator (1.2)

Features

• Interesting races with different mechanics implemented to them.
  • Big race variety.
  • Multiple ways to play the same race.
  • Different terrain each time you play!]

Change Log

Added:

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Credits

Special Thanks:

Models: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Skins: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Icons: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Tutorials/Systems: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Loading Screen/Map Preview Image: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Other: I'll do this once 1.0 releases

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Attachments

• (12) Creep Land.w3x
    12 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
After the time we tested this, I can definitely say webs made by using custom terrain is a very cool idea.

Back in maybe 2014 I and the others working on Heaven's Fall attempted to add a web ability using an enlarged, flattened, white-colored version of the Web (Ground) buff and it looked far too stretched.

Generally, the map had a unique feel because I was able to build my spiders up and it did not need a gold mine, so it was not a cliche rehash of the Warcraft 3 melee.

Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: I tested the Spider race while we were playing this map the other weekend, still need to test the others, then I will probably post back on here!

Level 14
You can probably use the natives for getting the flying height of an unit and the native for getting the height of a point for finding the Z height of the unit.(if it actually works by finding the absolute Z but maybe it only finds the flying height)
And for the special effect while old versions of WC3 does not manage Z height for special effects you can probably replace them by units(lags a bit more sadly which is kind of why the special effect natives have been changed).
I think I could try to make those replacements if you provide a map that does declare empty jass functions with the names of the invalid functions.(which would allow loading the map for me and thus allow me to try to make the map without those two functions)
Unless you use some non function functionalities in this map in which case it would not allow me to load it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.