• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wins/Losses Profile System on AoS/PvP Type Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
updatesandnewsforum.gif
I. Introduction
How the Idea Started
After playing this awesome map TwinkleCraft(Now Divine Crafters), I was very impressed on it's system on how you can "Create a Hero". It featured an awesome system where you choose the hero's range, projectile art, scaling, tinting, special effects attachment on the hero. Also, you get to choose the stats and stats growth for that certain hero. So I thought; "Hey, with this system and a -save/load system, it would make a perfect RPG!". But the problem with usual RPG maps is that i see them barely hosted on Garena. And if they are, they are only hosted for a week, then the next week, either people go back to playing Tree Tag, Naruto Maps, Vampire Resurrection, Farmers VS Hunters or Tropical Tower Wars, which is one of the games I don't really enjoy(No Offense).
triggereditortutorials%20%20.gif
II. Concept
The Save/Load System
The concept is to have a -save/load game with a competitive AoS or Hero PvP Arena without saving any certain level value or item value. Just pure customization and your Wins/Losses (Which is earned every time you win a game)

Game Length/Duration
A map made from this idea should probably have a maximum length of 20-30 Minutes, and possible 60 minutes with a time extend command.
Note: The 20-30 Minute Time Limit is to avoid those really long games then in the middle of the game, "Sudden Disconnection".

skinningnew.gif
III. Idea
You create a new profile, mainly a hero, but you can have two choices from creation; either you "Choose" a new one or "Create" one.

"Choosing"
This choice will give you choices from "Pre-Made" heroes. So technically, this command should only be for; first-timers, lazy people, and erm... LAZY PEOPLE who don't want to type down a 20-30 character code.
Note: It will be up to you if you want these pre-made heroes savable or not.

"Create a Hero"
It will be the eye-candy for this map. You create a hero and you get to customize the hero as much as you can BUT, you cannot customize it's Scaling, Tinting, Projectile Art, and all those other customs for looks yet.
Creating a hero at a start, you choose it's Model with a set-main stats, stat growth, and range. The projectile should have it's default depending on which model you chose. But remember, there should be a limit(You can check TwinkleCraft Map here on Hive and see how they have the system).
Note: If we make the custom feature expandable, it is possible to avoid custom models as these would usually increase the file size.

How do we get people to play this map?
Here's an interesting feature; We will set the Lumber, or possible a not-used integer into Cash or Zeny or Zen or some other name of Currency(All up to you, lets have Zeny for now as an example). After every game, the winning team will get 100 Zeny and the losers will get 50 Zeny and probably an additional 30 Zeny for 3v3 and 40 Zeny for 4v4 and 50 Zeny for 5v5 so the more people, the more benefits a game gets. Should probably add 5 more Zeny for ever player starting from 4. So 5 players(3v2) will get +5 more.

Zeny
It will be used to customize your character/profile, and depending on how much Zeny you have, you can make your character Extra Small/Extra Big, Extra Flashier(With BIG Spell Effects Attachments:Such as Frost Wyrm Projectile, Big Bad Voodoo Buff Effect, etc).

How do we use Zeny?
You can create a sub-map for the customization map where it will be a small tiny map and have all the type of vendors you will need; from Fire Effects, to Frost Effects, Lightning Effects, Poison, Nature, name all the elements from Warcraft if you must! :)
These vendors will be selling Customization Item/Effects from at least 400 Zeny to at most, 5000 Zeny(or whichever you prefer).
400 Zeny ones will be for simple tone-coloring.
A simple projectile switch should be at least 750 Gold, so we can assure that the player wanting to make a simple projectile switch has played at least 8 games in his life :p
Extreme Tone-Coloring such as 0-0-255, 255-255-0 or what ever should be from a range of 1500-2500, as i know allot of people will be attracted to 0-0-0 :p
Transparency will also be up to you. But remember, the more expensive the good-looking items are, the more games the person will make.
As what Hoernchen suggested:
Titles can also be possible for purchase if necessary in customization.
Pets will also be a great addition. (No, not the Hunter Pets) but Critter Pets. These pets will just follow you around and models that will probably be used for these pets are Warcraft 3 Critters like Rabbits, Frogs, Rats, etc.
Name all the customs you want, and set it's price to whichever you want.:grin:

Wins/Losses System
After every game, as stated above, a player earns 100/50+ Zeny.
Now, after a game, these should be recorded in your Wins/Losses profile.
Really simple actually, but it will show how many games you have played in your life.
This will also make the game more competitive, as if you loose, you will still have a downside of getting 1 Loss on your profile.

Last Notes:

-The game itself should probably be a one-laned AoS or atmost a 3-laned AoS with Item Recipes similar to DotA(as lots of players are already familiar with it). As much as possible, lessen the time's gameplay.
-There wont be any "new but cheesy" feature(such as a complicated inventory system, attack cool down-damage system) in here as they can, no matter how complex or awesome they are to in-depth gamers, be a pain to casual gamers.
-I doubt that there is any other map with this feature in it. But if there is, someone send me a link to it as I will really try it out.
-I have been convincing some other maps to do this (3 already I think), though, i don't think the idea was given "full support" or probably was not explained to it's fullest.
-This can be for any type of map as long as it is a PvP Type Game. It can be Similar to Angel Arena where there will be no creeps that will spawn. It can be like DotA where creeps will spawn. It can have 3 lanes. It can have 1 lane. It's all up to the person who wants to make it.
-As much as i would like to make this map, i lack the skills for it. I am a bad map maker. I have the time, but I just don't have the capability or JASS knowledge for a map this epic.

tutorialsubmissionforum.gif
IV. Credits
Tekken 6 by Namco(What?!?! The fighting game?!?!)
Yes, the customize feature is based on Tekken 6 where on every Win/Lose you get, you get Gold and half the amount of gold for losers.
TwinkleCraft by LaMBhE (NKA, DivineCrafters)
This map has shown me that it is POSSIBLE to have your customization limits reach this far in-game. Their map amazed me allot.
WoW Battlegrounds: Warsong Gluch by RuthlessReign
A dead map, and a dead clan(I think) since their official site seems to state a "goodbye" or so. Their WSG Map featured the Kills/Deaths System similar to the Wins/Losses System i Stated above here.

Oh yea, Is it possible to change the Topic's Title Name? I don't like it anymore as the "cash or for-now-called-zeny system ruins it all xD

Last edited:
Level 7
This sounds very interesting indeed and also very complicated.
I hope this idea will become reality :thumbs_up:

Level 10
This is nothing new. I used to have a save/load system in my PvP Arena and it would save wins/losses and you could view other player's profiles to know how good they are. As bonus, players had a title in front of their name from Private to Grand Marshal. I removed it however, because it just wasn't worth it and people just cbf actually writing down the code.

Do not create anything that gives people with save/loads an advantage in game! It will drive them away and they'll call it imba etc. Btw, no offense, but Zeny sounds stupid. It doesn't have anything to do with cash/rep/points.

Suggestions on what you could buy:

-Pets (Tag along with players, cant attack, dont collide, etc)
-Clothing (A Helmet? A Fancy Crown? A Cape?)
-Titles (Will be displayed in front of your name, like: Lieutenant Hoernchen)
-Parade (Basically an SFX where the hero shouts/casts an effect that does nothing but look fancy and cool)

Level 5
This is nothing new. I used to have a save/load system in my PvP Arena and it would save wins/losses and you could view other player's profiles to know how good they are. As bonus, players had a title in front of their name from Private to Grand Marshal. I removed it however, because it just wasn't worth it and people just cbf actually writing down the code.

Do not create anything that gives people with save/loads an advantage in game! It will drive them away and they'll call it imba etc. Btw, no offense, but Zeny sounds stupid. It doesn't have anything to do with cash/rep/points.

Suggestions on what you could buy:

-Pets (Tag along with players, cant attack, dont collide, etc)
-Clothing (A Helmet? A Fancy Crown? A Cape?)
-Titles (Will be displayed in front of your name, like: Lieutenant Hoernchen)
-Parade (Basically an SFX where the hero shouts/casts an effect that does nothing but look fancy and cool)
Lol, yea, the win/lose save code has already been made. Im sure. Though, the main point of this map is the Customization feature. I wonder if it already has been made
Yep. Only so that you can customize your character. Hmm. Titles is a new idea, ill add that there. as for attachments such as helments, capes, chest armor, or whatever, tha main problem is that the map will need lots of imports and not all of these are "compatible" with all models used. Zeny is just used for now. Nothing official about it ;)

Level 10
I strongly suggest adding pets. If you've ever played Guild Wars, they also had Pets and Parades in there, which were extremely cool and popular. The pets are locust and just follow the player around. The parade thing in Guild Wars did like an arcane picture of a certain animal in front of the player, depending on fame.

Level 5
Oh! Those types of pets! I thought you meant pets like hunter specific ones.
Though, i still don't get your "parade" one. You mean like an aura effect?

Level 10
I don't know what to call it properly. It's basically a special effect played on or next to the hero which looks very good. This special effect would fall into everyones eyes since it looks very good etc. It is basically used to show off your rank/exp.

Here is an example video from guild wars, where a person shows off her Rank 6 emote, which in this game is rewarded for winning in pvp:

YouTube - Guild Wars Rank 6 Zaishen 3 Emote

Level 5
Hmm, yea, its a great idea :D Though, it can require imports :( which is bad >.< Unless there is a way for that feature to be in-game with out using imports then yea, sure, why not :D
And it's basically just a taunt right? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.