• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Windows Media Player 2 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Yesterday while watching 3rd Rock from the Sun on Windows Media Player, I noticed something, since I always notice the freaking numbers, anyway:

2cshpaw.jpg

4x21=84
3x12+13=49

1h.24min.49sec.

You can see that it has two extra seconds. My theory is, and it is probably correct, that The MP doesn't show values under 1 second, but when two clips that have something 1sec>, and when it sums and is more then one second it adds up. Correct? So basically it has 0.6, 0.7, 0.9 giving it the extra two seconds.

Level 4
Well...DUH...

HE FOUND SOMETHING VERY VITAL FOR US TO KNOW, SO GIEV HIM FREE REP FAST0R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHIFT+1

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Rounding error. Songs are not recorded in seconds I would imagine but as actual audio data which might end at any time during a second. Thus all times have + or - 1 second depending on how it rounds in error. If you add them up while adding error, you would notice that it is perfectly correct.

Honestly, it is nothing to worry about and is purly caused by them simplifying the numbers so that less skilled people are able to understand them easilly as some people probably can not handle the absoutly exact time or time to more decimal places.

Status
Not open for further replies.