• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows Media Player-Shuffle Music Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello everyone,
I'll go strait to the point.
I'm using windows media player (wmp) to listen to music while doing stuff here and there (windows 10) and I use the shuffle option which plays a random song, one after the other from the music folder.
However, I bumped into something very strange. While my list was growing bigger (178 pieces atm) the shuffle mode kinda picks the same songs over and over.
For example, I click play and the list goes like: 4-6-2-7
next day list goes: 6-4-9-2
next day: 6-2-8-9
etc where numbers stand for the songs.
After doing my research I realized that wmp struggles to use a random order and prefers the "most listened" songs on the playlist to be played first at a random order. This happens when the list grows big (70 songs and more).

LONG STORY SORT

-Can the '"not so random wmp shuffle" be fixed?
or
-Can someone suggest a player with a very good shuffle mode?

Thanks a lot

P.S. I know that I usually use the HIVE for my purposes rather than Warcraft, but I have retired from WE long ago. The HIVE is still my home. It was so much fun back in my 15s where I opened HIVE and WE simultaneously, making maps for fun all day. I may have lost that interest but the people here remain the ones that helped me and I (tried to) help back then. Thank you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.