• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows 7 won't install Warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Wasn't sure where to put this. . .

This is the message I sent to Blizzard about my problem, although I have had no response. Basically once I get to the cinematics the installation asks me if my warcraft CD is in the drive and doesn't install afterward. Is there a simple patch or fix?
---------------------------
Dear Blizzard,
I have loved Warcraft 3 and have had it since it first came out. But today I bought a new computer and it will not even install Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. Your game is installed until it reaches a cinematic and then it fails to read something on the disc and asks if the disk is in the drive. I have tried several ways to get it to work including downloading Warcraft 3 online but I could not find anywhere you offered a free download for those who have problems like this and still have their cd key. When I canceled it let me play Warcraft 3 ROC but it wouldn't let me install Frozen Throne, because it said I had to download ROC first. I am very mad and irritated that I can not play Warcraft 3 on my new computer and am to the point of never buying another Blizzard game again, even though Diablo 3 is looking good. I would like to be able to install both ROC and FT. I have all of my specifications in this link for my new computer and I am running Windows 7 as my OS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229181

Please help me solve my problem!!!!

I have tried several ways to get it to work including downloading Warcraft 3 online but I could not find anywhere you offered a free download for those who have problems like this and still have their cd key.
For that part, you'll need to register your own account at the battle.net webpage (and yes it's free to register). Then you use your CD-keys to gain the access to download the games.

Level 1
Yea, I use windows 7 and I registered on battle.net for free, I put in my CD keys and it added RoC and TFT onto my account then I was able to freely download it, at high speeds and it installed fine mate.

Level 7
Oh snap that probably would have worked too, but I figured it out. I just dragged wc3 from my laptop to a zipdrive and then the zipdrive to my desktop program files and it worked fast and fine. Thanks anyways guys lol I was freaking out about no warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.