• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Wind themed hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Me and a friend are in a process of creating a hero arena, for this arena every hero has an elemental theme, however I became a bit stomped when it came to creating a wind themed hero as the only wind spell I can think of in warcraft is cyclone (And tornado which is very similar), I would like some ideas on wind themed hero spells that are not too complicated to create.

Level 39
Tornado spell request!

Carrion Swarm/Crushing Wave/Shockwave, Locust Swarm, Ensnare/Entangling Roots/Aerial Shackles, Slow, Defend reflecting ranged attacks (@Kyrbi0 :grin:), Evasion, Phoenix Fire, Banish, Blink, Earthquake, Healing Wave, and Big Bad Voodoo could all be reasonably modified to be wind-themed. In general I think "wind" is too restrictive and you would better be served by something like "storm" or "force".

Level 5
Here is a wind-themed healing spell

The ability is incomplete but that's mainly with the text and healing values; so if you know how to use the editor it should be a breeze to finish.

You have to import the buff first then the ability for it to work right

Attachments

• Healing Winds Ability Version 3.3.zip
    1 KB · Views: 37

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I've been summoned?

Oh hey, Wind Elemental Hero. I thought I was the only one. ; )

Well, feel free to consider my attempt at it (from the above-linked Hero Contest #8; no telling if it works on modern Patches, though). And while you're at it, I'll tell ya that after searching high & low, the only extant "Windlord" model that's even decent had to be made special, compliments of my good mate Proxy.

Level 5
@Reon

What I realized was that you could create some sort of aura of wind (or something of that nature that results in both swifter movement and attack speed) But this idea is basically a carbon copy of endurance aura with a name and icon change. I thought about the idea further and it reminded me of something another user said in a topic: you could use metamorphosis to shift the unit into a copy of itself, but this copy having that extra ability creating an effect that the player experiences as if an ability has been activated.

It seems like it would be a good wind based ultimate to use this in a manner which gives the hero and his allies a huge boost to attack speed and movement, or just attack speed if you want.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I thought I'd share this idea.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

League of Legends has a couple of wind-themed heroes. Perhaps you can get some inspiration from them.
Yasuo
Janna
Riven

Level 28
Crosswinds (Active): Targets a unit. Caster and target are moved towards each other's original position over X seconds.

Howling Winds (Channeling, Drains Mana): While active, all air units in X radius of the caster are Cursed, enemy air units in X radius of the caster have their movement and attack speed greatly reduced. Allied air unit speed is unaffected.

Tailwind (Passive): Increases allied movement speed (double effect on flying units).

Level 5
This whole wind thing got me thinking: why not make a wind aura that slows down the attack and speed of enemy units? Call it something like "Darkwind Aura"

Also you can make an ability based on scroll of speed that slows down enemy units for a time

Level 2
Here's an idea:
Skill 1: Elemental Mix (Toggle, buff)
  • First buff: Sand Element
  • Second buff: Water Element
  • Third buff: Storm element
Can toggle between these 3 different Element Mix.
  • Sand element provides Armor and Magic Resistance
  • Water element provides Health and Mana Regenerations
  • Storm element provides Attack damage and have a chance to mini-stun attacked enemy

Skill 2: Wind Scythe (Point Target)
  • Shoots a powerful wind towards a target area, dealing damage and knockback enemy that pass through by the wind.
  • When the projectile reachs the targeted point it will explode, causes nearby enemy to take damage and will knock airborne.
  • Applies movement slow for enemy that got knock airborne

Skill 3: Wind Armor (Passive)
  • When owner get damaged by enemy, then applies a chance to reflect damage to the enemy
Ultimate: Tornado Mix (No target)
  • Creates different element kind of Tornado depends on which Elemental Mix buff owner has
Sand: Creates a large scale Sandstorm at the caster's point, dealing damage per seconds and decreasing their armor/magic resistance

Water: Creates a medium scale Water Typhoon at Caster's point, dealing damage per seconds and slowly pull enemy towards the center

Storm: Creates a storm lightning with large radius, strikes random enemy inside the area with lightning bolt and applies short duration stun to them. Enemy are unavailable to leave the circle until duration ends

Level 8
Me and a friend are in a process of creating a hero arena, for this arena every hero has an elemental theme, however I became a bit stomped when it came to creating a wind themed hero as the only wind spell I can think of in warcraft is cyclone (And tornado which is very similar), I would like some ideas on wind themed hero spells that are not too complicated to create.
To me, wind themes are usualy synonymous with speed.
If it's a caster hero, then you can just think "lightning". In warcraft, Shamans and wind elementals tend to use lightning or "storm" spells to this effect.
If its a melee hero, you could look into speed-burst spells. For example, you could have a spell that increases attack speed with consecutive attacks, a spell that gives a massive amount of speed for a very short amount of time, a spell inspired by Windfury that has a chance on attack to provide an incredibly high attack speed bonus for your next 2 attacks (without chain proccing being an option). You could also work with displacement spells, like knockbacks and pulling spells.
For example, you could make a "vortex" type spell, which pulls all enemies near a target area into that area, while damaging and stunning them. This can be used in conjunction with other AOE spells for some really nasty AOE burst combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.